Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   no likes my DD (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42367)

MamaMel 09-17-2006 08:41 AM

no likes my DD

I need to find daycare for my children. I have gone through 2 so far. One rejected us before they even started (a whole other issue read "frusturated on OT dissucions). But my friend who runs a DC watch Luke and Lily one day and said sorry I can't handle lily. I don't know what to do. She isn't that difficult. And who ever watches her its going to take time for her to get used to them. We solved the no taking bottles thing, and she now will take a bottle. And yes she is a crabby little girl but it's because she is the worlds worst napper. I just feel like no one likes her. Everyone says I'll watch Luke but not lily. I only wish I could do my clinicals w/ her on my back :cry:

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 09-17-2006 08:58 AM

Re: no likes my DD

aww Mama I'm sorry! :( She is so YOUNG yet (exact same age as Gavin actually, same bday hehe) what is wrong with people? If I lived closer I'd so watch them for you! :hugs:

Julesmom23girls 09-17-2006 09:18 AM

What do they expect, the first day for a child in a new place and they want her to be an angel. I mean, give her a couple days to get to know some people. And she is right at the age for seperation anxiety, so they should know that. Sorry you are having a hard time, mamma. I know how you are feeling, kids are the same reason I haven't finished my internship to become an dietician.

MCR 09-17-2006 10:34 AM

Thats hard. My oldest managed to fire enough babysitters that I quit work when he was one.
My only way of leaving him turned out to be a Daycare center, it seemed he did better there. Maybe it was more kids around, or the babyroom lady having help. I'm not sure. But he loved it.

GrowingUpMad 09-17-2006 01:09 PM

My dd went through 4 daycares before I gave in and stayed home. I often get people offering to take ds but never asking to take dd. She is only watched by my mom and SIL, no one else can handle her. It's been this way since she was born, just high maintenance I guess. I feel for you and wish I had a solution. Maybe try finding a SAHM who only has 1 other child, maybe she needs the more one on one feeling and someone with patience and understanding. I'd watch her for you anytime, I am great with high maintenace children :hugs:

Shannon 09-17-2006 01:34 PM

I'm sorry! Have you looked into a regular Daycare and not a home daycare? I know both have their advantages and disadvantages but at least at a regular daycare they will give your DD a little while to adjust..I've worked in several and we always had hard babies that took time to get used to their new environment.

BGsMom 09-17-2006 04:54 PM

(((Hugs))) I can't imagine telling a parent after only one day that I can't handle watching their child. You would think they would at least give her a few days to adjust to a new enviroment/situation. I hope you can work this out soon. Poor Lily.