Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   We got our Britax today & WOW is it HUUUUGE! ADDED PIC! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424250)

*Alabamamom* 05-14-2008 05:13 PM

We got our Britax today & WOW is it HUUUUGE! ADDED PIC!

I had paid for a boulevard, but it was on backorder so dh said lets just go for the regent then.. so we did and it's here today! :lostit: But my gosh the sucker is HUGE! The first slots are sufficient for him.. It was a cinch to get installed, that thing is rock solid! I was wanting him to RF a little longer though so I'm a little bummed about that.. he's now 28.8 lbs without clothes on.. We almost made the 30lbs goal.. guess it will have to do! He certainly has lots of room to grow!

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...ome/001-14.jpg

Sabey-baby 05-14-2008 05:16 PM

Re: We got our Britax today & WOW is it HUUUUGE!

lol. Yeah, a good friend of mine ended up buying a new car to accomidate her two Regents. lol!! They are so nice, though!

Grrchurch03 05-14-2008 05:19 PM

Awesome, you got one! They are great seats, even though they are huge. I have dd and ds in them. That's the same one ds has too.

2Pinks 05-14-2008 05:23 PM

They are huge - but they are great seats. We have one for my 3 year old - the pink girly one, of course. She loves it! Especially since it sits lower on the seat than her Marathon did and she can easily get in and out of it by herself. We have gotten quite a few compliments on it when I drop her off and pick her up at preschool.

Calideedle 05-14-2008 05:44 PM

How cute!

He is tiny, he could RF for awhile still (since the new BLVDs have 35lbs RF) What did you end up doing with the BLVD?

I love the Regent for my DS he loves it too ....though my DD is still RFing and will forever (28lbs too) she tries to climb in brothers seat now and then.

(the belly pad goes between his legs, not sure if you knew that or not)

Namaste 05-14-2008 05:48 PM

Yeah, I was suprised how large it is as well. I feel like I could use it.

*Alabamamom* 05-14-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calideedle (Post 3579274)
How cute!

He is tiny, he could RF for awhile still (since the new BLVDs have 35lbs RF) What did you end up doing with the BLVD?

I love the Regent for my DS he loves it too ....though my DD is still RFing and will forever (28lbs too) she tries to climb in brothers seat now and then.

(the belly pad goes between his legs, not sure if you knew that or not)

Oh I know, I really did want him to RF longer too.. :( And NO, I did NOT know that on the belly pad.. I haven't read through the booklet yet and I just asked dh what the heck that thing is there for! I also had one of the shoulder things turned around.. :giggle:

*Alabamamom* 05-14-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grrchurch03 (Post 3579068)
Awesome, you got one! They are great seats, even though they are huge. I have dd and ds in them. That's the same one ds has too.

How old are your kiddos again? I haven't seen you around for a while! How have you been? Finished with school this semester? I am, thank God!!!

Anyone else have a 2yr old in a regent?

Grrchurch03 05-14-2008 07:20 PM

Hehe, I'm good. I'll pm ya, too many answers for one post, lol.

gabesmamamadeit 05-14-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Alabamamom* (Post 3579992)
Oh I know, I really did want him to RF longer too.. :( And NO, I did NOT know that on the belly pad.. I haven't read through the booklet yet and I just asked dh what the heck that thing is there for! I also had one of the shoulder things turned around.. :giggle:

You'll want to make sure and read the whole manual. There are specifications about install for the weight of child that is using the seat.