Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Anyone TTC and breastfeeding??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424403)

Brooke's Mommy 05-14-2008 08:19 PM

Anyone TTC and breastfeeding???

Lookng for anyone out there, or can you direct me to a group...Thanks

amybabya 05-14-2008 08:31 PM

Re: Anyone TTC and breastfeeding???

I am but I don't know of a group other than the TTC general group.

I am EBF my babe and TTC so I'm just going with it and assuming it will take quite a long time but you never know :)

Brooke's Mommy 05-14-2008 08:36 PM

How long are your cycles...are you Oing like normal??? I'd like to see what someone elses cycles are like.... was having 28-31 day cycles, with Oing from day 17-19, and now I'm on my 4th cycle, and my last cycle was 31 days. but didn't temp or anything...Wejust started TTC #2 and I'm not sure if I will O like normal, or even later, I just got my OPK's from saveontests.com (have you ever used them) and I wonder if the control line iis on the left or right, my left line is super dark, but dark enough eiither way that it would be a postive, its literally just a lil lghter....Thanks....any thoughts, or advce...I'm just afraid I won't be able to get pregnant fast (i got pregnant on 1st tries wth last 2 pregnancies) and I'm worried If I'll O...sorry If I sound like I'll get my hopes up, I would also like to know my cycles!!!!

amybabya 05-14-2008 10:54 PM

I won't be much help because my cycle hasn't started again and I don't expect it to. I didn't get pregant with this LO until DD1 was 15 months old and I didn't have a regular cycle.

You sound like you are getting back to your regular cycle. Are you EBFing?

Brooke's Mommy 05-15-2008 11:00 AM

yes, no formula, ever and she has a pacii... its anywhere from 2-5 times a day, and one of those is a pump session

jaceraden 05-15-2008 12:00 PM

1) the OPK control line is always the furthest from the pee end. Just so you know that you got enough pee on it to make the strip work. :thumbsup:

2) We're in our 3rd month of actively TTC now since DD (she's 14 months and I BF her when not at work) and Oing and cycle in general are totally different. I wasn't Oing at all until (cross fingers) this month despite my AF coming back to a semiregular pattern.

3) As far as I can tell, TTC the second time is going to be nowhere near as easy as the first time but I would still have BF'd my DD even if I had known that in advance.

GL Mama! I hope you are one of the lucky Fertile Myrtles who don't have any problems or delays.

4mes 05-15-2008 12:04 PM

Good luck!

I have never been able to get pregnant while bf'ing because I will not have any cycles at all. It is so frustrating! We would love ttc, but I have no cycle so I cannot even try. DD is almost 18 months and no signs of fertility. As soon as I stopped bf'ing my other dc I would get preggo on the first attempt.

SophT 05-15-2008 12:11 PM

We planned on ttc the next when the one before it turned a year. My first lo hit and year still bfing, and I had no AF. I got all nervous and thought it would mess up my plans, but the next month I ovulated and got pregnant without even having AF between the two. This time AF didn't return till the lo was 19 months, we waited a couple months to start trying and still aren't pregnant at 29 months. I'm still bfing, and I'm fairly sure I'm ovulating, but my cycles are more regular and longer than they were before. But I'm no longer worried about spacing. Money is tight right now anyway, and I think God will know the right time for us to conceive.

bthane23 05-15-2008 01:01 PM

I would love to get pregnant right now. We really would LOVE to be pregnant by the end of this year... my dd is still nursing..only about 3 times every 24 hours but I still have no AF...so we are just hoping it happens before AF returns or that it will return quickly!!! Good luck!!

Brooke's Mommy 05-15-2008 01:53 PM

Thanks so much ladies...Even though I EBF her at 5.5 months I got PPAF.. we just started solids like 3 weeks prior... I'm on my 4th cycle... I just got a really dark OPK pos+ yesterday... Wiith my 1st pregnancy...1st try...with Brooke....1st try trying again...so I'm only hoping...I BF her at 7am....sometimes 10....1-2pm, and don't pump until 10pm...so about an 8 hr strecth, ad then again at 7 am...this past few nights its been 5am b/c of her teeth, and thats what puts her back to sleep...so about 3x a day...I'm very grateful for AF coming back...We decided to start 2 months sooner...I just hope we get baby #2 soon...