Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Great Plains (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   wichita, ks momma's (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425548)

shureeg 05-15-2008 09:39 PM

wichita, ks momma's

hey just wondering how many of us are in wichita. I've been here since sept. and just had Madleyn. I have 1 other dd who is 16 mos. hopeing some other cd'ing baby wearing, nursing mom's around here! I feel all alone in my crunchiness!! LOL!!

rcarver 05-16-2008 11:53 PM

Re: wichita, ks momma's

I know of 3 or 4 in the area.

diane24 05-25-2008 07:11 PM

I'm in Wichita.

shureeg 06-08-2008 08:50 PM

wonderful! anyone else enjoying the warmer weather?? went out and got lily a kiddy pool today. will feel so good to get a bit un sticky during the day. plus it will give her something to do.

Alioop 06-11-2008 08:44 AM

Hi, wichita here!

Not alot of cloth in these parts though! everyone is nuts for the suff I make for my kid, they just cant believe that you can MAKE diapers! :giggle2:

shureeg 07-09-2008 12:00 PM

how funny! I get lots of funny looks about my cloth. anyways wondering if anyone wants to do a meetup?

glitterdaisymom 08-12-2008 11:11 PM

yea... other wichita CD'ing mamas!! I'm in wichita... wish we had a Natural Baby Store here. Does anyone "Non-Vax"? If so, how did you tell your child's dr. or do you have a recommendation for a dr. who is Non-Vax/ Slow-Vax friendly around the wichita area??

shureeg 08-13-2008 07:46 AM

yes! my dr. has been absolutely excellent. while I'm not a non-vaxing mom we are doing a different vax schedule. my doc was so great he sat down and discussed with me the options we had and answered all my questions without once looking at his watch. he didn't make me feel silly for choosing to do Madelyn's vax's like this. we are only doing one shot a visit. pm me if you want to know who my doc is:)

sdodge 08-14-2008 02:58 PM

Another Wichita mommy here! I am new at cloth diapering and others can't believe I am doing it. I love it so far. Would love to meet up sometime...:goodvibes:

glitterdaisymom 08-15-2008 11:56 PM

Since Wichita does not have a retail store (with a physical storefront), where does everyone get their cloth diapers? I've ordered almost all of mine online. But while visiting KC on a road trip a while back, I found a store called Happybottomus that had an entire wall dedicated to CD'ing. It was sooo fun to just look and feel all the different kinds of diapers, inserts, doublers, covers, wetbags, etc. It was cloth diaper heaven. Does anyone know of any other stores closer than KC that sell cloth diapers? I've looked at all of our Natural Living Stores here in town (Whole Foods, Green Acres, Food for Thought) and haven't seen anything... not even gDiapers. Has anyone seen anything in the local baby boutiques??