Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Need support or just a hug :( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426596)

blessedw2pink 05-16-2008 08:45 PM

Need support or just a hug :(

Here is a quick breakdown of what is going on....

I have a 13 month old DD who LOVES to nurse. I have battled with her a lot lately. She still gets up 1-2 times a night to feed and I am just exhausted. I have given her all that I can and I have tried to wean. I slowly tried taking out certain nursing sessions with little luck. She does not give up easily. Most of the time I was met with screaming, shrieking, shrilling, and more screaming. I have had mastitis 9 times. She bites, she is lazy about her latch, easily distracted, and can be mean and violent to my boobies when she eats. So my Mom and DH said to just cut her off cold turkey and quit teasing her with nursing some times but not others. I agree with them. My tactics are not working and something else needs to be done.

But a monkey wrench.... DD hates cow's milk and will not take a bottle. So sippy or straw only. But she needs milk...

So I just jumped in this evening and quit. I was just going to stop all nursing sessions but the sleep ones.. naps, bedtime and wake up... but for some reason I just got it in my head to just stop it. So I took a shower and bound myself... She went to bed rather well all things considered. But now I have the raging hormones going on. My last nursing session was total crap. She just nursed herself to sleep and that was that. And no more smiles and patting my boob as she nurses. :( These must be some hormones because I was, at best, tolerable about nursing. I never "loved" to nurse. Now I miss it! How crazy am I? I put long hours into nursing my baby girl. She got nothing but me the whole 13 months. I know I did my best... I just need someone to tell me it is going to get better. DH just told me to grow a backbone. :cry:

Sweetpotatoesmom 05-16-2008 08:47 PM

Re: Need support or just a hug :(

:hugs: b/c parenting is hard but you will probley do better putting this in the bottlefeeding section or something. I', not sure this is the right place.

lovemybabies 05-16-2008 08:55 PM

Kudos to you for making it so long! :hugg: because you need one. My oldest didn't like cow's milk either. I finally started giving her choc. milk and weaned her off the chocolate. You could try that or milk smoothies. Good Luck

radtad 05-16-2008 09:14 PM

:goodvibes: Bless your heart! Weaning is tough, whether mommy decides or child decides. I still remember the last time my oldest nursed, and that was almost 4 1/2 years ago! Whatever you're feeling, it'll get better!

imamama3 05-16-2008 09:32 PM

I think weaning is harder on moms than the babies! A friend of mine used YoBaby yogurt to wean her LO, and another used vanilla soymilk because neither liked cow's milk. They did eventually accept it though.

Hugs to you and give yourself a big hug for making it to 13 months with all the battles and hassles!

La Mere D'Anna 05-16-2008 11:40 PM

hugs It's ok! :) I haven't weaned my daughter yet... almost eighteen months old... but I know I'll miss her laying across my lap, signing "Milk" and saying, "PEESE?" lol I'll miss it a lot. It sounds like you loved it more than you thought you did. ;)

Smidgerooski 05-17-2008 05:52 PM

I'm sitting here crying just thinking about weaning my LO. I can't imagine what it feels like to wean...especially after the battle you've endured.

:hugs: