Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Formula Feeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Need Advice--Should I use Flushable Liners in CD after introduing solids? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426606)

econmama 05-16-2008 08:55 PM

Need Advice--Should I use Flushable Liners in CD after introduing solids?

I started CDing when DD was 2 months old, and I love it. DH was reluctant at first, but now he prefers cloth to paper. BUT, I'm nervous about the changes in BM now the DD is going to start solids. I'd rather not use the toilet sprayer since water conservation is a must here in the desert. Has anybody tried a flushable liner? Does it really work? Anybody find another option that worked better? Thanks in advance.

phoofy 05-16-2008 10:03 PM

Re: Need Advice--Should I use Flushable Liners in CD after introduing solids?

We started using BioSoft flushable liners when DS had to switch from breast milk to formula due to allergies -- the poo is just more "solid" than before. I found that using the liners helps prevent stains on the dipes so I don't bother soaking them anymore (use less water).

We haven't had any problems with flushing the liner. Just let the liner with poo sit in the toilet water for a while before flushing. Actually, I let it sit there until I have to use the toilet, so I don't "waste" a flush. And since I use family cloth, it's the only thing that gets flushed down, so there's low chance of blockage. Obviously, careful if you have old pipes or (probably) a septic system.

babydoll101 05-17-2008 12:12 PM

Hi,
I have been wondering the same thing. But I have another question, Since the fleece is so good next to baby's skin, are the flushable liners just as good?
Thanks so much:)

kristenkan52 05-18-2008 07:17 PM

Oh my goodness... SOOO worth it! I have the Imse Vimse flushable liners and for about a month during my son's transition to solids his poop was very creamy-like and so it would not shake off the diaper but it was too much for me to want to throw it in the washer. The liners are so easy (and you can throw them in the washing machine if you use one and it does not get pooped on... I get 2-3 wears out of mine). But when you do get a poop on the liner you just shake it out of the diaper into the toilet and voila! No mess. Now his poops are more solid so we don't need them as much.

duck411 05-23-2008 12:37 PM

We just started DD on some rice cereal due to some reflux issues - Her doo doo has gotten thick like peanut butter, so not really solid yet - I still just toss em in the wash with a cold rinse & hot wash - have had no problems whatsoever.

Audred12 05-24-2008 09:35 AM

I was also wondering what I should be doing about my daughter's BMs now, cause she just began eating rice cereal in the evenings. I have the Imse Vimse liners, but does anyone else have trouble getting them to stay in place to catch the poo? I would say for my DD it catches all the poo 50 % of the time. Don't know what I'm doing wrong...

moommie 06-01-2008 08:57 PM

great question! I will be starting ds on cereal in 2 wks.

babyGmommy 06-04-2008 08:11 AM

i use the kushies flushable liners with my cloths most of the time it catches she almost 15 months. so her poops are more solid but, Its less messy to try and clean off. also i haven't tried the other brands cuz i can't find a store around me that sells. i might try and order them on-line.
you do need to make sure you put the softer side on the babys bottom.

Good luck

love2cuddlecj 06-04-2008 10:37 AM

I used the imse vimse flushable liners with ds. I had no issue with my toilets or ds heiny. I started using them with dd (now 3 months) and she breks out in a terrible rash therefore I have stopped using them. I hope her skin becomes less sensitive once she starts solids so that I can begin using the liners again. The liners really make it much easier.
Tammy