Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I love it when... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427136)

Mirasmom 05-17-2008 03:07 PM

I love it when...

...DS falls asleep eating, unlatches, and the milk rolls out of his sweet mouth.
...He watches me while he eats.
...He unlatches just to give me a smile.
...He's hungry and he's grunting and rooting all around then finally finds it and calms right down and looks in my eyes.
...He's full and unlatches and talks and talks to me about how good it was!

I thought this would be a fun support thread- we can read all the sweet things we love about bfing when we're feeling frustrated about how it's going and remember why we love it and want to keep going. :)
Post yours! :thumbsup:

Michellelg 05-17-2008 04:00 PM

Re: I love it when...

Those things are all perfect, and the perfect embodiment of what it's like for me too. NOTHING like it.

I like it when she's nursing and drifts off, but when the nipple slips out of her mouth she 'perks up' and starts rooting like crazy until she gets it again. All without ever opening her eyes!

Monzie 05-17-2008 09:34 PM

I love when strangers stop me to comment how beautiful my baby is...how big and strong, how alert, how healthy, how happy...and I realize that I made him that way by breastfeeding him. It makes all those 4 am "wake up calls" totally worthwhile!

My kiddo is going through a very squirmy phase at the moment, so I also love when he finally relaxes, closes his eyes, and he gently reaches out his hand and strokes my fingers while he's eating. Its the sweetest feeling in the world.

dragynflye 05-17-2008 09:45 PM

i love it when....

...she falls asleep nursing in bed, unlatches, sighs, and turns her head just enough to use me as a pillow.
...she "pets" me as she's nursing.
...she holds my finger and stares at me.
...she is able to nurse until she is actually full, and is content and alert when she is done. (i had a breast reduction, so that doesn't happen often)

CindyLynn 05-17-2008 09:53 PM

I have to laugh when she occasionally zurburt's me when she's done, especially when in public.

Michellelg 05-17-2008 10:39 PM

Is a zurburt like a raspberry?

DD stops mid-nursing to blow raspberries, then goes back to work. It's hilarious!!

M

sharleen (DCDiapers) 05-17-2008 11:29 PM

-she say's "mmm, mmm, mmm" while nursing . (she is a noisy little one) :giggle:
-when she grabs my shirt like she is never going to let go
- when she starts giggling with a mouth full of milk
-even when she sneezes and milk goes everywhere lol

and of course most of the things said in pps :giggle:

Katiebear 05-17-2008 11:32 PM

My little one is weaned, but just before we weaned, she would grab my shirt and try to look down/reach down when she was starting to feel hungry! It was always a funny way to say "mama! Food!"

EricaLynn 05-18-2008 03:12 AM

I love all these things!

And when dd plays 'peek a boob' :giggle:

csully4 05-18-2008 02:37 PM

I love it when
....I see more fat rolls every week
....he pulls off and has a milk mustache
....he was first nursing he would "mmm mmm" for the first few sucks
....he falls asleep like a passed out drunk