Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Formula Feeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Sample Schedules for 9 mo. old (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=431917)

4BabyUnit 05-22-2008 08:50 AM

Sample Schedules for 9 mo. old

I'd LOVE to see your sample feeding schedules and food/milk amts. fed for your 9 month old. I'd especially love to hear from WOHM moms who are nursing/pumping. Thanks for your help. We're going through a transition and trying to find what works.:hugs:

4BabyUnit 05-22-2008 11:28 AM

Re: Sample Schedules for 9 mo. old

:bumpsign:

jjaelovesenglish 05-22-2008 12:11 PM

My baby nurses so I am not sure how much milk she is getting but she only nurses once or twice during the day and seemingly all night (three or four times) :giggle: but she does have a more normal eating of solids schedule and eats three times a day and I am trying to add a snack. I try to get her to nurse but she is just too busy, but I am guessing she probably gets 5 to 6 oz in the time she nurses if that helps. I do try to nurse her for a few minutes before feeding her as well. She wants the solids.

I know that is not exactly what you are asking for but may give you a base to gauge what your LO is doing.

4BabyUnit 05-22-2008 12:32 PM

That does help. Thank you. I'm wondering if dd is getting enough milk...I nurse her in the morning, before bedtime, and I go visit her at lunch and nurse her there(probably not getting much b/c I would have pumped only 2 hours prior, but she doesn't seem too interested..she likes solids too). I also send a small bottle for after breakfast and a 6 oz. bottle of bmilk around 4. She's showing less interest in both of them. BUT, dd has slept through the night since she was 2 mo. old, so she's not getting anything from 8 or 8:30 pm until 6:30 am, so I just don't know. Anybody else who pumps for daycare want to show me what works for them.:hugs: Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjaelovesenglish (Post 3647314)
My baby nurses so I am not sure how much milk she is getting but she only nurses once or twice during the day and seemingly all night (three or four times) :giggle: but she does have a more normal eating of solids schedule and eats three times a day and I am trying to add a snack. I try to get her to nurse but she is just too busy, but I am guessing she probably gets 5 to 6 oz in the time she nurses if that helps. I do try to nurse her for a few minutes before feeding her as well. She wants the solids.

I know that is not exactly what you are asking for but may give you a base to gauge what your LO is doing.

ajane 05-22-2008 12:50 PM

Anna is only 8 months old, but is not on a schedule. The only thing "scheduled" with her is that she eats solids (table food) when we eat dinner. The time varies every night. She nurses when she is hungry/thirsty and I only give her solids once a day.

We won't be adding a second offering of solids until she is 10 months old and then once she turns a year then we will give her another offering. :)

4BabyUnit 05-22-2008 01:20 PM

I think I may need to find another forum to post questions like this on. It seems that people here are completely against a schedule of any kind...so much so that (and maybe I'm a little sensitive), it seems like people believe I'm not feeding my child when she's hungry or letting her sleep when she's tired. It actually just so happens that she is hungry at generally the same time everyday and is sleepy at generally the same times each day. She sleeps through the night (and has since she was 2 mo. old) and is an extremely happy, calm and very healthy baby who is quite attached to both her mommy and daddy. I've gotten lots of help on here with many questions, but I've also received many responses from people who really aren't answering questions at all but who maybe just want to start a debate or boast about their superior parenting style. Apologies to pp if this was not intended on your part, but that is indeed what it feels like...maybe I'm just having a bad day...but I will re-state my question: If your 9 mo. old is on some type of general schedule of a mixture of nursing/drinking expressed b.milk from bottle and solids, would you mind sharing that with me?
Thank you again so much for any help:hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajane (Post 3647755)
Anna is only 8 months old, but is not on a schedule. The only thing "scheduled" with her is that she eats solids (table food) when we eat dinner. The time varies every night. She nurses when she is hungry/thirsty and I only give her solids once a day.

We won't be adding a second offering of solids until she is 10 months old and then once she turns a year then we will give her another offering. :)

4BabyUnit 05-22-2008 06:13 PM

:bumpsign: for what your 9 mo. old's solids and nursing or bottle schedule looks like. Looking for posts from moms of LO's who are eating solids at least 2x a day by 9 mo. Thank you!

katesmash 05-22-2008 06:45 PM

:popcorn: DD is 6 months old and starting the stage 2 solid foods... going to watch this topic for ideas on schedule (right now she has cereal in the mid morning and a fruit/veggie at suppertime, no meat introduced yet)

AngieJ 05-22-2008 06:59 PM

Hayden's schedule: 9 months tomorrow
bf/formula fed/table food

wakes up: nurses
8-9 table food, varies cherrios yougert fruit ( he also has cherrios available at all times on the coffee table in living room

10 formula cup then he takes a nap depending on what time he wakes up nurse

lunch 12-1 gatorade cup with lunch

he then normally takes another nap at 2

4 nurse or formula cup

6 dinnere with water cup or gateroade cup

8 nurse of formula cup

ajane 05-22-2008 07:45 PM

Wow, all I did was post what her schedule was. I said she really isn't on any type of "schedule" b/c everything varies day to day. :headscratch:

I honestly can't tell you at what time during the day she nurses b/c it varies so much the only "scheduled" thing is when she eats her solids. :dunno: