Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I am just really worried! Fevers up to 104.7! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432471)

*Alabamamom* 05-22-2008 04:10 PM

I am just really worried! Fevers up to 104.7!

I am just really worried about my guy.. A couple weeks ago he broke out in these hives for a day or two, no biggie, the went away.. then they came back 3 days later, with fevers running in the upper 102's... That lasted a day or two and went away.. not even a week after that he started getting this upper repiratory infection and began with fevers again this past Saturday.. I took him to the dr Monday and he put him on antibiotics.. he has been fever since Tuesday evening. This morning he wakes up with 102.7 fever so I give him some tylenol and put a call into the nurse.. she says it must be a virus and that's why the antibiotics aren't working and to just rotate the tylenol with the motrin.. Ok two hours later when we got back from taking the cats to the vet, he is BURNING UP with a 104.7 temp!! I took him to the dr and he prescribes him another antibiotic.. his fever got down to 100.8 before we left there.. we get home and he's back freaking up to 104! So back in the tub he goes with more fever reducer.. 30 minutes later it's gone up to 104.5! WTH! FINALLY it's coming back down and it's at 101.4 right now.
He's been running too many fevers lately and I'm just getting concerned.. his nose is plugged up, yet running and has a nasty cough.. Any comments? Maybe I should push for blood work or something??? :headscratch:

*Alabamamom* 05-22-2008 04:58 PM

Re: I am just really worried! Fevers up to 104.7!

It's back up to 102.9 already... I'm really upset and feel like something is really wrong! This just isn't normal here! Please if anyone has had anything similar happen please talk to me about it. I made the mistake of googling and now I'm freaking out out meningitis and leukemia! We just found out this morning our cats have leukemia, is this contagious to humans I wonder?! Apparently it's contagious in cats.. he never plays with the cats anyways, the are outdoor cats..

shutterbugmom 05-22-2008 05:00 PM

with a fever that high I would be taking him in.... do you have a walk in clinic? :hugs:

heathersmoker 05-22-2008 05:05 PM

My 3 year old has been running a fever of 102.8 for 2 days. Took him to doctor today, said was bronchitus. Put on antibiotics. The motrin keeps it maintained somewhat. for ..him though. sorry about the typos, I'm wrestling the keyboard away from baby!

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 05-22-2008 05:09 PM

:hugs: I just got your pm and will reply there.

*Alabamamom* 05-22-2008 05:09 PM

I just took him to the dr a few hours ago... all he did was prescribe another antibiotic on top of the one he's on..he's been taking the zithromax, and now he wants him on amoxicillin too.. he only has one more dose of zithro tomorrow. The nurse said when I called he would probably want to to blood work.. but he never ordered any.. In fact, he didn't do anything but look in his ears. One of his tubes are gone btw and he just got his tubes in Feb. This is a new dr for us..

*Alabamamom* 05-22-2008 05:13 PM

Andrew started having fevers on May 9th... So May 9th and 10th he was running fevers.. they let up and then came back May 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th and they let up by the evening of the 20th.. He's been fever free 2 days and now today BAM they are back.. wth? I'm so confused!

emilykaysmommy 05-22-2008 05:16 PM

a student I work with got really sick when one of her tubes came out of her ears.. fever, lots of snot and felt really crummy....

My daughter got a fever of 104.8 with a UTI that they think turned into a kidney infection....

Sorry I don't know what else to say....
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: hope your babe feels better soon.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 05-22-2008 05:17 PM

Go to the ER:hugs: they will do blood work and can check his CBC.

bamamom 05-22-2008 05:20 PM

I really don't know. The only time my dd ran fevers that high was with Coxsackie A and Strep. CoxA causes blisters/sores in the throat/mouth/hands/feet of kids. Does he have any bad sores?