Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Doing something BIG tonight...prayers welcome!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4349)

hollyhobby30 05-08-2006 09:31 AM

Doing something BIG tonight...prayers welcome!!

Starting tonight, my church family and I are going to be going door to door and passing out over 9000 free bibles in our town. We have raised over $45,000 to pay for all the bibles and nothing like this has ever been done where we live.

If you want, I would love any prayers for the hearts of the people we will be meeting.

We're not sure how long it will take to get them all out there but we will be going out everynight for a week or more from 6:30pm-8:30pm PST.

Please keep everyone in your prayers:thumbsup:

I also hope to spread the babywearing love cause I will be wearing ds in my Ergo and different carriers throughout the week.

kugrinic 05-08-2006 09:43 AM

Re: Doing something BIG tonight...prayers welcome!!

Good luck, to be honest I dont know what I would do if someone came to my door with a bible. Good luck, I'll pray for you guys and gals

ocfb16 05-08-2006 09:47 AM

I'll keep you in my prayers. That is a great thing you are doing. :goodvibes:

hollyhobby30 05-08-2006 09:51 AM

It's totally a non confrontational thing. If the person is not interested or already has one we just ask they give it to somebody in their life that might not have one. If they say they are of a different faith or is angry with our gift, we just thank them for their time and move on.

kugrinic 05-08-2006 09:53 AM

I think its neat, you'll do great esp. with that baby on your back LOL, so cute!

MamaJenn 05-08-2006 09:57 AM

:hugs:

Girl you know that is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!:loveit: :yay: :bliss: :bighug:

I think that more Christians sometimes need to do these things and I can humbly say I am not worthy...but thankful for His love:goodvibes: :hugs:

raceNzanesmom 05-08-2006 10:09 AM

Praying for you!! We've had great response when passing out tracs and flyers.

Watercolor Ponies 05-08-2006 10:12 AM

Prayers for sure, Holly! Even if only one person happily accepts this awesome gift, it will be well worth your and your church's efforts!!:mrgreen:

roseofsharon 05-08-2006 10:14 AM

:happyclap: What a cool thing you are doing. I am glad that you are doing it in a non-confrontational way! Go with God!

Korbins Mommy 05-08-2006 10:16 AM

That sounds really cool! I've never heard of anyone doing that. Prayers are with you.