Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Formula Feeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Formula coupon/club question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435821)

mhaddon 05-26-2008 04:51 PM

Formula coupon/club question

Ok this is probably a very odd question. I am a very paranoid person and always worried that something will happen and I'll have to supplement. With both boys I registered for the different formula companies and put that I would be bfing and ffing equally so that if I did have trouble I wouldn't be out coupons. Well ds2 never had any formula. I was going to give my cousin the coupons but they had my name of them... I didn't know if I registered again just in case and didn't need them if I could give them away even if they had my name on them? I hate to be so wastefull, but at the same time you never know what is going to happen, kwim? I've been blessed to have 2 great nursing relationships, but it's not a guareented thing.

~sarah~ 05-26-2008 05:38 PM

Re: Formula coupon/club question

Yes, you can give them to someone else. Some stores will hassle you about the names but I've always said that it's a friend who gave me the coupons/checks and I've never not been allowed to use them b/c of the name.

benjaminsmom 05-26-2008 06:35 PM

If they make a stink i would just say I am buying it for the friend (who's name was on the coupon)

Swimmingly 05-27-2008 06:25 PM

I have heard you actually get more and better coupons if you say you are planning to BF exclusively when you register with the formula companies. I did that and got plenty of coupons. I ended up giving most of them to other people because I did BF for 6 months. Yes, other people can use them even with your name on them.

amielia80 05-28-2008 10:51 AM

i've used coupons with other people's names on them, noone has even asked me for my name.

benjaminsmom 05-28-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmingly (Post 3692581)
I have heard you actually get more and better coupons if you say you are planning to BF exclusively when you register with the formula companies. I did that and got plenty of coupons. I ended up giving most of them to other people because I did BF for 6 months. Yes, other people can use them even with your name on them.

Seems to be true. The companies know they have to work harder to get your money. My sis and I had babies a week a prt. We signed up for all that stuff together. She put EBF, i put bf with supplementation because of my reduction. Her stuff was way better than mine.

mhaddon 05-29-2008 01:26 PM

Hmmm... I'm going to sign up just in case. Thanks for the info!

mhaddon 05-29-2008 01:33 PM

Hmm... you have to put in a hospital and I'm having a HB :giggle: