Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   does your dc clothing match their gender? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43741)

sesa70 09-21-2006 08:33 AM

does your dc clothing match their gender?

for older dd, Celeste, most of her stuff is pink and purple, very girly. She picks alot of it, but it seems to suit her.

For baby dd, Amira, I dont always get the pink stuff! It doesnt seem to fit her personality. She looks better in blue dinos than pink fluffies. Most of the stuff I get her is not very girly, in fact I like the puppy dog and dino clothes from the boy section better! LOL!

So, do most of you mamas dress your dc in gender appropriate clothing, or do you venture to the 'other side'?

pinkflamingos77 09-21-2006 08:43 AM

Re: does your dc clothing match their gender?

Yes for all 3 kids. My boys are old enough to where they can pick and chose their colors and what they wear but I have dressed them in clothes that go with their gender and perosnality.

After 2 boys and waiting so long to have another baby and then finding out it was a girl. Well all her clothes are very girly but it fits her personality.

cuties02q 09-21-2006 08:59 AM

We try and let dd pick her clothes and she usually goes very girly as for ds i think i dress him boyish but dh thinks he looks girly :giggle:

AttachedMama 09-21-2006 09:01 AM

All three of my kids dress to match their gender too. Both DD's clothes are sooo girly that it drives DH crazy :laugh:

jdsmom 09-21-2006 09:28 AM

DS clothes are ALL boy, I usually only dress him in clothes that you would see a older kid/teen/adult. Not alot of cartoon character or cutesy animal stuff. If it has anything on it, its sports or car/truck related.

masonite 09-21-2006 09:31 AM

We've got two boys and two ALL BOY boys. Mason is to the point where he likes to pick out his clothes, and he definitely gravitates to the all boy side of boy clothes.

Camden is the same way, just because it's what we have, not because he cares. But, it fits both of their personalities. Definitely!

Although, if we ever have a girl, it will be fun to dress her, but I'm not a girly girl myself, so I don't think we'd ever do the all lacey, froo-froo stuff. Girl stuff is cute, but some of that stuff just looks like lace threw-up on it! ;) Just my taste though, I guess!

mom_of_3g_1b 09-21-2006 09:34 AM

My girls dress pretty girly. They are too young to pick anything yet. My son dresses like a boy but sometimes will want the purple rubber boots because they are pretty or the Ariel (little mermaid) snow boots because he loves the movie. Last year his favorite colour was hot pink. He really doesn't care.

sesa70 09-21-2006 09:39 AM

Thanks for all the input mamas!

I guess I like girly to a point. Celeste is SO girly, everything fluffy and pink or purple, and she loves the bows and dolls and everything.

Amira doesnt care, but it just doesnt look rigth to have her in all that girly ness, kwim? I hope I dont confuse the poor girl :goodvibes:

Babyvan 09-21-2006 09:43 AM

Yes. I wouldn't have dressed my boys in girlie clothes (I know one mom who does let her younger ds wear older sister's clothes...although not pink, but he does have long hair and wears sister's turtlenecks w/ blue flowers, for example. People were always thinking he was a girl and referring to him in the feminine in his presence, and I had a problem with that). By the time I had a girl, I was R.E.A.D.Y. for girl clothes! I don't think she ever wore a color besides pink for the first 18 months! :giggle: I finally had a girl and I wanted every one to know it!

ewebabymama 09-21-2006 09:43 AM

Brandon has always been dressed in red or dark/bright blue. Right after he was born I found I liked red and dark and bright blues on him. Green makes him look funny, light blue also looks funny on him.

Kiersten isn't real frilly or anything. I dress her in girly colors, but I don't put her in dresses or ruffles. It's not her personality. She is already just like me, a bit more tomboyish in personality, so ruffles and frill don't go well on her :) But she does look fabulous in pink!