Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   hpt lines staying the same/not getting darker (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440218)

beckstar 05-30-2008 11:44 AM

hpt lines staying the same/not getting darker

i promised my husband i wouldn't test obsessively this pregnancy, but being that i found out about it during a spotting episode...AND i was midcycle after a period...of course, im concerned.

now im even more concerned.

i bought 6 cvs brand blue ink, 2 line tests...and ive taken four. one was light...the next was darker and awesome...and the following two have been light, but equal...ive taken them two days apart...yes, at different times of the day. the darkest being in the afternoon...the last two lighter ones were FMU and SMU...they all show up in less than a minute...

but im really hoping for darker lines, here.

i had a chemical pregnancy a few months ago, and i just watched the lines get lighter and lighter...and then disappear...

im so afraid of that happening now.

im on progesterone so symptoms are hard to figure out...though, i did have a VERY intense puke session last night, which is pretty out of character for me while pregnant...and its super early in my pregnancy, as far as i know...so it seems kind of unlikely it was m/s...though, it did come on quick and disappear quick...

and ive been SO tired...

just need to get this out...since im ashamed to admit it to the hubs since there is really nothing i can do more than im doing, already. and he just doesn't get it.

thanks for listening.

Terra 05-30-2008 11:47 AM

Re: hpt lines staying the same/not getting darker

:bighug: I was the same way after my 2 miscarriages mama!

It's sooooooooooo hard not to keep taking tests and comparing lines. I even did it with this current pregnancy.
If you can try to back away from the stick :giggle: I know easier said than done.
And keep in mind that sometimes the amount of dye in the tests can vary so the lines could act up like that!

Please keep us posted!

asteiner18 05-30-2008 11:51 AM

we just cant enjoy our pregnancies can we :hugs: i will be praying for dark lines

Proverbs169 05-30-2008 11:59 AM

Easier said than done... but please try not to worry about it, mama. HPTs aren't meant to be quantitave tests- just "yes" or "no". A lighter test does not mean less or same amounts of HCG. Two tests from the same box can be two different shades of pink (or blue) and both be accurate. I have taken tests days later that have seemed lighter, too. And, I have a friend who took a whole bunch of tests and didn't even get a BFP until she was 7 weeks pg :)

:hugs:

OneFabMama 05-30-2008 12:15 PM

Not every test is the same even the same brand. Some may (and probably do) have less or more dye than others. Try not to worry!!!

rachel5 05-30-2008 02:07 PM

It is very hard not to obsess. I did. Have you thought about getting your blood drawn to get the numbers. That is what I did and it eased my mind to see the numbers going up.

beckstar 05-30-2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachel5 (Post 3720455)
It is very hard not to obsess. I did. Have you thought about getting your blood drawn to get the numbers. That is what I did and it eased my mind to see the numbers going up.

ugh, my insurance is lame and i have to pay pretty much out of pocket for bloodwork...so that would be almost 500 for two beta quant scans...

i just realized that the two lighter ones that i thought were two days apart are really only one...and they look identical...so im gonna just promise myself not to test more than once a week...i have my first dr's visit in two weeks...thats only TWO tests...

thanks ladies...im trying to stay sane. :goodvibes:

it IS hard.

rachel5 05-30-2008 02:57 PM

Bummer about insurance. I wouldn't have it done then either. My insurance pays 100% so I go ahead and get lots of blood work done. Go get you some dollar store tests. That is what I used. Only $1 each.

mcbruhn 05-30-2008 05:20 PM

Really...$500 for the blood tests? That seems awfully high. I think the lab I use charged around $70! Any chance you could shop around in your area for a better price?

beckstar 05-30-2008 05:33 PM

im pretty sure that each beta scan costs about 200 bucks...if not a little bit more.

i could shop around...but its friday...so that means i wouldn't be able to get one until monday...haha...and then the second one on wednesday...

which is the day i plan on testing again anyways.

the way i see it...the blood test isnt going to make my baby stick...im on progesterone...thats the best i can do at this point...

its all a waiting game, anyways. i could have two awesome blood draws...and then the next day miscarry...

unfortunately, there is very little i can do.

i have an OB appt. in two weeks provided i stay pregnant that long.