Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Should I call the doc? - Update Sunday (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44078)

Luvmybabies 09-22-2006 08:33 AM

Should I call the doc? - Update Sunday

I would never ask this under normal circumstances but with my foot in the conditiont that its in and the fact that the weekend is coming... has me wondering.

I picked Chloe up from school yesterday her nose was like a faucet, she had a fever and she was coughing like crazy - she was completely fine when I dropped her off! Two other kids in her class were sent home sick this week, they said they didn't call me yesterday because she thought it was just allergies.... last time I checked allergies don't include a fever. She has a history of recurrent ear infections and never tells us until her ears are BAD.

She is telling me that her throat and chest hurt when she coughs, nothing about her ears though. Wondering if I should take her in and have her checked out before the weekend so we don't end up in urgent care at the hospital (that's where the ped will send us during the wknd).

Problem is, I have NO help today. So, it'll be me on crutches with an almost 18mo and a sick 4yo.

I just don't know what to do :(

j9_shooter9 09-22-2006 09:17 AM

Re: Should I call the doc?

I'd take her in. I wish I was there to help you. :goodvibes:

Luvmybabies 09-22-2006 09:21 AM

Leininger27 09-22-2006 09:35 AM

I would take her in as well! ER can be crazy on the weekends and you don't know what she will leave with every waiting there! Always better to be safe than sorry! I would hate for your dd to be miserable all weekend long also! :hugs: mama!

MamaMel 09-22-2006 09:37 AM

Id call but I don't know that I would take her in. She probably has a viral infection that they can't do nothing about. Just find some medicine that treats her symptoms and give her the best medicine of all TLC. If you all of you go to the DOC you could end up leaving w/ more than you came w/!

Luvmybabies 09-22-2006 09:53 AM

Waiting on the nurse to call me back... we'll see what they have to say.

Lucky Child 09-22-2006 09:55 AM

That's it. I'm packing my bags. You need help mama. It seems that you have a permanent connection with hospitals/doctors/etc. Poor thing!

Luvmybabies 09-22-2006 09:58 AM

:giggle: come on out! Seriously, I just cried when I picked her up from school yesterday, of course this means that Corey will end up sick and then me.... :yuck: I really just can't catch a break!

Luvmybabies 09-22-2006 11:09 AM

The nurse just called back... tylenol every 4-6 hours for the fever, if the fever goes to 103-104 call them back. If she has any new complaints call back. They have a new thing in the evenings and on weekends called Convenient Care where the covering providers see patients, so no ER.

I'm going to keep an eye on her this evening, if she is at all worse I can them at 6pm when they open, or call her ped before that.

MamaMel 09-22-2006 11:12 AM

:hugs: hope you both feel better. having a sick child is hard but its even harder when your hurt