Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How long do you recommend co-sleeping? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4492)

MamaLove 05-08-2006 06:18 PM

How long do you recommend co-sleeping?

Just lookin to get an idea if our new bed should be big or small 'cause our Queen is gettin crowded!:giggle:

Luv2bemommy 05-09-2006 02:16 AM

Re: How long do you recommend co-sleeping?

Our first we put in his crib early, before a year.. He just slept better on his own.. With our second she finally moved from our bed to a toddler bed around 3ish, almost 4... And of course Meghan is almost 9 mo and shes still in our bed. So I would say around 3-4 yrs..

jennyofthemoon 05-09-2006 05:18 AM

With Abby, we (I'll admit it) kicked her out at 4 1/4. I don't think she ever would have left one her own (She was also my VERY late weaner). Jude left on his own at 2, and Lena turned 3 in January, and she's still with me. In theory, I think that they should be allowed to stay until they are ready to leave on their own, but in reality, some kids are just too big and too restless sleepers to stay in the family bed past a couple years.

napua 05-09-2006 06:32 AM

I say as long as everyone is comfortable. My dd is almost 5 and still sleeps with us. Since we are expecting another baby in 6 weeks, we bought a king size bed so we would all have room.:)

SandyG 05-09-2006 02:08 PM

ive been thinking about this too
david is 38 months now and sleeps with me.
he is a lil restless sleeper though but i dont want him gone just yet

meco 05-09-2006 04:29 PM

I did not vote because I think it really depends on your family, your child and your situation. I intend to let my DS cosleep as long as he needs and wants too, and my door will always be open. At 39 months, he still cosleeps with no end in sight, but it is what works for us and for him. As his needs change, the sleep situation might. But for now we are happy cosleeping.

Perhaps get another bed to put next to your current bed for more space? Or a King makes all the difference :D

Shannon 05-09-2006 04:47 PM

I voted 3 years or less....LOL because my DD is 3 :D But she still comes in to sleep with us if she wakes up in the middle of the night. Acually BOTH my DD's will end up in my bed 99% of the time each night. We are expecting our third and we only have a full size bed...We're going to have to do something soon...either buy a bigger bed or start moving kids...LOL

nothing_butt_cloth 05-09-2006 04:48 PM

I said 2 years or less. but I really meant between 2 and 3. My emma still comes to my bed every night and she is almost 2 1/2. I am OK with that. I rushed to get her in her own bed when the baby was coming, but now i want her to still be my baby. I even started calling her the baby again.:lostit: I only lkiked having 1 kdi in my bed at a time, so as long as I was having a baby I started getting the last baby into their own space. becaseu I am afraid of a Nb and toddler in the same bed. LOL
I really think as long as it owrks for al parites involved, ( mom dad baby siblings) then keep going..

MamaLove 05-09-2006 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meco
Perhaps get another bed to put next to your current bed for more space? Or a King makes all the difference :D

One of these is the plan. Our bed is a matress on the floor:blush:so we're probably gonna get a twin sized matress to put next to it to make more room.

We all love cosleeping and don't want it to ever end!:giggle: I just wanted to know that we're not the only ones.

Thanks for the reminders!

mommy2zander 05-09-2006 11:16 PM

A bigger bed is a great investment!! Or putting two beds on the floor side-by-side! Just be careful of small infants & the crack...

Anyway, I voted until 5 or sooner or later... because it's my belief at this point that if we let ds stay until he feels secure to leave, he'll be in his own bed before he starts college :giggle: & will be more secure cause he knew he was always welcome when he needed us!!

Glad you are enjoying your family bed!! I feel sad sometimes cause family's I know don't know what they're missing!! (Of course I also understand nothing is for everyone) :hugegrin: