Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Cloth wipes- need suggestions! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450950)

melcarter 06-09-2008 08:18 PM

Cloth wipes- need suggestions!

I'm thinking about switching to cloth wipes. Do those of you who use them like them? Do you throw them in the wash with your dipes? What fabrics work the best without holding odors, least staining, etc... I have seen that some people keep some wet and some dry. How do you keep them wet? Do you just put water in the wipes container or some other liquid? I've seen spray bottles too- is this instead of using wet wipes? Sorry to sound so dumb but I don't know anyone that uses cloth in my area. Thanks in advance for any info!!

blue_eyed_peas 06-09-2008 08:29 PM

Re: Cloth wipes- need suggestions!

I use cloth wipes! The ones i have i bought from Quilter's nappies on Hyenacart and they are made from flannel/velour. I love them. They are so luxurious. I keep them wet in a empty sposie wipe container. I put a drop of tea tree oil, a squirt of baby wash and then enough water to soak them all. Recently i started using lavender baby wash or you could just put a drop of lavender oil in. My dh won't use them when they smell too much like tto because he hates the smell of it and it's true that a little bit goes a long way. I change them out every few days though, but by then we are ususally out any way. I love mine so much i have decided to replace all of my boring white washcloths with fun flannel/velour ones. You could also get some wipe solution and i plan on doing this someday, but the homemade stuff works pretty good. HTH.

2208 06-09-2008 10:04 PM

I didn't like using cloth wipes in the beginning but I think that's because I still had disposable wipes in the house. I wash them with my diapers and use a spray bottle filled with water and some baby wash, but if you do a search on Google you'll find a bunch of different wipe solutions you can make.. I prefer velour and sherpa, mainly velour because it's soft.

StacyW 06-09-2008 10:17 PM

I like to use Sammy's Wipe Beans. Check out her post in WAHM Wares:)

footsybaby 06-09-2008 10:23 PM

Katedanzer - DS mama makes amazing wipes! I have the velour/velour and they are so nice. In fact, my DD says "nice" when pointing to her wipes (I think she got it from me, LOL). They are so soft, they wash up nice - yes, I wash with my diapers. Oh, and I leave dry and spray with a wipe solution before using.

friskykitty 06-09-2008 11:13 PM

sewing mom just accessories on HC
flannel backed with velour wipes. they are heavenly. i use a little of dr. bronners and water in a squirt bottle. works fantastic.