Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What are your toddlers favorite book to have read to them? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454151)

zosiasmama 06-12-2008 01:34 PM

What are your toddlers favorite book to have read to them?

So i am trying to come up with a list of books for family to buy and send here since so many of DD's books are in Polish. I am rather out of the loop. So what are the great books to have? I want Pat the Bunny, this cute book my brother had for his son called Yummy, Yucky and a few more I can't think of. So spill it, what do i need?

dragondance 06-12-2008 01:48 PM

Re: What are your toddlers favorite book to have read to them?

Some of dd's favorites for me to read to her (at 2.5 years) are Mama, Do You Love Me?; The Going To Bed Book; and Green Eggs and Ham. She also likes Love You Forever but only if I get it out--then she asks for me to read it again (and again and again and again :giggle:). Hop On Pop is another most-requested one.

TLDmom 06-12-2008 01:51 PM

My son has two books that I swear must be read everynight to him in order to fall asleep along with other books but these are his favorite

" Good thing your not a Octupus" by Julie Markes
(Which is an awesome approach about routines and how children always drag to get dressed, brush teeth, eat, bath. But they put it in a funny approach

and "Little Barn Cat"

We always get some great books from the Pediatrician through the Raising Readers Program from Barbara Bush. I think thats what my kids most enjoy about going to Well Check ups becuase they'll get a new book to take home

My youngest absolutely adores anything to do with baseball, although most of the time he tends to just pull the books away from me and look on his own.

melissalots 06-12-2008 01:54 PM

Currently we read Kiss Goodnight, The Goodnight Book, Where's Your Bellybutton, and some Seasame Street ones.

crunchymomof3 06-12-2008 02:16 PM

oh man we love books ...
sandra boynton : especially Barnyard Dance

The Big Red Barn
Goodnight Moon
What makes a rainbow ?
Cookie's week
... i am sure i can think of more .. :goodvibes:

Leximom 06-12-2008 02:17 PM

chicka chicka boom boom and good night moon are the long time favorites here. The newer favorites are any princess themed stories.

ecomother 06-12-2008 02:20 PM

Richard Scarry's "Cars and Trucks and Things That Go". There's this little Goldbug character hiding on each page and both my sons love searching for him and then saying, "Hey there Goldbug!! We found you!" This book's been looked at and read more than any other in our house over the past six years.

They also love "Blueberries for Sal".

zosiasmama 06-12-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2boys0608 (Post 3845063)
oh man we love books ...
sandra boynton : especially Barnyard Dance

The Big Red Barn
Goodnight Moon
What makes a rainbow ?
Cookie's week
... i am sure i can think of more .. :goodvibes:

we have one by here called Moo, Baa, La-La-La. it i so cute and we read it to Zosia every night forever

mama2cody 06-12-2008 02:24 PM

The Belly Button Book & What's Wrong Pookie? by Sandra Boynton

Skippy Jon Jones series by Judy Schachner

Anything I sell. ;)

Baby Cakes by Karen Katz (I think, it's MIA)

Good Night Maine by Adam Gamble and Suwin Chan

AngieJ 06-12-2008 02:27 PM

We love Eric Carle books..... all of his books are good....