Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introducing Solids (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   help me sneak veggies in (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454683)

AngieJ 06-12-2008 09:34 PM

help me sneak veggies in

Ok so he is 10 months and I am not way pushing solids but he has a sweet tooth and hate veggies.... he will eat yougert, any fruit , crackers, puffs, cherrios, meat that is easy to chew but no noodles, rice or veggies... any good recipes...

Missah78 06-12-2008 10:22 PM

Re: help me sneak veggies in

Mix them with fruit. Just because we may think ewww doesn't mean they won't.

Apple Spinach
Pear carrot
etc. You get the idea!

Kelsey wouldn't eat veggies if they were pureed...but steamed she loved (s) and will eat them like crazy!

jewelzbird 06-13-2008 11:53 AM

There is another group i read on tribe.net and the moms there have lots of idea on this. They put carrots, sweet pots and zuc in pancakes! Kids love it!

eilla05 06-13-2008 02:23 PM

Honestly at 10months you just need to keep giving them.

My son did this exact thing when he was around 7month or so. he would literally gag and spit up the veggies but would eat fruit and such no prob. I just keep on giving him a few bites everyday and now he will eat them no probs. Its just a different taste for them and all babies have a tendency towards fruit. heck who doesnt.

Just keep offering and giving him a few bites everyday and they will start eating them. Dont make a big deal when he doesnt.

Now having said thta im having the hardest time getting mine to eat chunks!! but he is getting better and all ihave done is to keep offering and giving him a few bites a day. He will eat finger foods just not say chunks of peach.

Good lluck

blissarah 06-13-2008 03:19 PM

I grate carrots, zuccinni, and whatever other veggies and make waffles. I also sneak in veggies to her quesadillas and sandwiches. I also cut sweet potatoes into french fries and bake them. DD likes the shapes and will eat them. She also likes her veggies grilled on the BBQ. She won't eat zuccinni on its own any other way cooked.

Once you introduce juice, you can make your own juice and add veggies with the fruit.

GraemesMomma 06-13-2008 06:53 PM

I have the same exact problem and have absolutely know advice LOL! My LO is 14 months!

I will try more of the veggie/fruit combos.

My thing with mixing veggies into things (which I think is a great idea) is: but when will they just eat a vegetable on its own if they're always used to it being mixed with something? I mean, I eat vegetables all by themselves, KWIM? Is it something they gradually get to over time? I'm so anxious that DS will still not be eating vegetables when he's 9 years old, KWIM?

Sorry, end of thread-hijack :giggle: I feel your pain!

ariannasmommy 06-21-2008 09:26 AM

I always mix them with something