Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Early Miscarriage signs (TMI) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45523)

mamato5angels 09-26-2006 05:46 PM

Early Miscarriage signs (TMI)

Ok I am beginning to think that I am having a very early miscarriage. Wondering if it sounds that way to anyone else.
Here is a run down of a "normal" AF - (little crampy on the first few days)
Day 1 light to med flow
day 2 very heavy ( like empty the diva 3 or 4 times) (clotty)
day 3 not as heavy and slowing
day 4 NOTHING for like 12-18 hours (weird I know)
day 5 Heavy again for like 8 hours (2 divas) then tapering to light to med
day 6 spot (brownish)
day 7 spot to gone. (again brownish)

Well here is this cycle from H*ll (mind you not one single cramp)

day 1 med to heavy
day 2 very heavy (same as above) with tons of clots
day 3 still really heavy and with tons of clots (sorry)
day 4 heavy still real clotty
day 5 light to med
day 6 back to heavy clotty
day 7 med
day 8 (today) light and bright red showing no signs of stopping.

I have an appt with my OB on Thursday for other problems and wondering if I should mention it to him. Is there anything that he can check to find out?

Thanks

marymom 09-26-2006 06:06 PM

Re: Early Miscarriage signs (TMI)

i have no experience w/ this therefore i have no advice but i would def mention to the dr. also, your in my thoughts!!! :hugs:

AngelMommy 09-26-2006 09:38 PM

What surprises me is the no cramping part. Otherwise, it sounds like my early M/c. I had large, heavy clotting, and very bad cramping, including in my back. It was almost more clots than actual blood. And I also have the day of practically nothing in the middle of my normal AF, glad I'm not the only one, I thought I was just weird! I would definately mention it at your appt. I believe they can test for it? Not sure, but it's worth at least mentioning. Otherwise if you're anything like me you'll wonder if you should've after the fact! ;)

mamato5angels 09-27-2006 09:55 AM

I am really leaning towards an early m/c as I am still bleeding. It is not a lot but it is still bright red. I was going to poas this am but remembered it after I pee'd. I will let you all know what the dr. says tomorrow.

Thanks,

sprout18 09-27-2006 10:06 AM

Good luck at the docs and yes they can test for it. They can take a blood test and that will tell them if you were preggo at all. I have had two early miscarriages (at 6 weeks each time) and once I had a ton of bad cramping (this was before I had any children and never had cramps with af) than the second I had one or two cramps right before the actual miscarriage and they weren't too too bad (this was after my second child and before my youngest). So I do know what you are going through and if you need to talk you can email me or pm me. Good luck and please keep us posted.
Ericka

mom2hancj 09-28-2006 11:44 PM

With one of my m/cs I didn't have a lot of cramping...I was pretty early on. With the second one, I had a ton because I was 12 weeks. I think it depends. Def. ask your dr and let us know.

Hayley 09-29-2006 12:10 AM

how early are we talking? I had one at 6 weeks and pretty much what you are saying is what i had! believe it or not but most have 10 unknown m/c in their lifetime? I know shocking. I know of 1 earlier m/c I had but when I looked back I know now I had several!

I would definatley ask you doctor to take a HCG levels and check if would show for sure!

BTW I know that you went to the dr on thursday but i thought i would add to it any how please keep us posted!

mamato5angels 09-29-2006 05:12 AM

Well I went to the Dr yesterday. He was thinking it was a fibrodic cyst. Ran some blood work and did an U/S and scheduled me to have a biopsie(sp) done in his office today at 10:30. He ran a urine pg test and nothing. So at this time he is not expecting me to be pg.

Well all was good untill 1:00 yesterday afternoon. He called and I am pg but we think miscarring it. He said that my levels were not all that he but we also thought that my last AF was 8/20 and actually it was 8/26 (thanks FF for keeping tract). Now the U/S showed a "sac" that measured 5w2d but it did not show a "double sac" like they are looking for. But the bright side of things is with my cycle being almost a week later than thought maybe the levels aren't so low. The bad thing is I am still bleeding slightly.

So now we are back to blood work at 8:30 this am. If that goes up than good if it doesn't well he will do a d&c.

I will let you all know this afternoon what is happening.
Thanks guys,

Marielblewis 09-29-2006 06:17 AM

I will be thinking about you today and hoping for the best. This must be terribly hard to go through.

mamato5angels 09-29-2006 10:39 AM

Re: Early Miscarriage UPDATE

Ok Here we go on a roller coaster ride.

Well went for blood work this am and my levels went from 181 to 252 :thumbsup: . Now my problem is I am RH- and apparently I have had a misscarage inbetween my youngest and this one that I did not know about. That has thrown antibodies into my blood which in of itself causes big time problems in the 2nd and 3rd trimester.

So in the past 24 hours I have had a "cyst" - a pregancy ending with a possible miscarrage - numbers that doubled and may end in a live birth to a pregancy with Rogham troubles.

I am feeling good just a little overwhelmed. I go back tomorrow am for another blood test and then more U/S in a few weeks.

Has anyone else had RH- issues??