Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introducing Solids (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   Help please !! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=455646)

Babybug 06-13-2008 06:51 PM

Help please !!

DS is 11 months old and won't eat. He dosn't like anything with texture in it and won't eat fresh fruit, cheeze or anything he could eat with his own hands.

Everytime I try to feed him he turns his head away until I manage to get a bit in his mouth and then sees that it's not so bad. Then he will eat a couple of bites and stops.

He's literaly on the verge of vomiting every time I try something new.

He is a very very chunky baby (imagine a sumo wrestler but in cuter diaps !!!:giggle2: ) so I'm not scared for his wait but I'm affraid he's gonna miss out on important vitamins.

Have any tricks to make him see that food isn't disgusting ???

life.sew.simple 06-13-2008 07:27 PM

Re: Help please !!

I'm bumping this up for you because I am in the same boat but my ds is 19mo! He just wants Mommy Milk ALL THE TIME! I know toddler barely eat anyway but i really would like to slow down on nursing and he just won't eat much. The only advice I can give you is to leave some snacks out for him somewhere he can stumble upon himself. One good thing my ds will eat is whole wheat noodles (YAY!) so I leave those out for him to find sometimes. I just made a fresh batch today.

eilla05 06-13-2008 08:31 PM

let me bump it to cause im in the same boat!!!

Greyson doesnt like to eat chunks but i know he is okay with it because he can eat cheerios, puffs, crackets, goldfish, wafers etc. I have recently gotten him to eat a few stage 3 foods or fresh fuit thta i just smash. But as far as getting him to eat say a small pea or a small piece of banana forgot it!!!!!!!! He aint having it. He will spit it out like no end and then afterwards wont want to open his mouth because the thinks im trhying to give him the same thing so I have to hold his head at times and give him a bite so he can see.

He is getting better though. At least now i can get him to eat smashed fruit were 2 weeks ago he was only eating puree. I have found to that i can smash cheese into pieces of toast that i tear off for him and he will eat it just fine..

keep offering and giving and hopefully he will get it!! This is what i hope anyway!

ETA: oh and if he will eat puree stuff try placing small im talking tiny pieces of fresh fruit into puree and see if he will eat it. same thing with veggies. Greyson would spit ou the chunk and swallow the puree but i have heard of this working for some people.

Babybug 06-14-2008 05:57 AM

It's nice to know I'm not alone in this situation. My sister has a daughter who is 3 weeks younger than ds and she eats just about anything she can get her hands on. DS looks sooooo finicky when I go there urgh!!

Well I'll try hiding a bit of fresh fruit in the puree but I'm scared he will then stop eating that to.....

Any other ideas for us three ladies ????

MommyShay923 06-14-2008 07:19 AM

I was once on the same boat as you with my DS!! He was a little chunky monkey too! He would gag with any solid food. I finally had enough and had taken him to the peds and they said first off, not to rush him he might not be ready yet! If you have to keep him on baby food for awhile that is fine (my DS had it so bad I had to water down his baby food). Second, as long as their weight is fine don't worry about it! The doctor actually found out that my DS has a high palate (roof of the mouth). What was happening was the solids were getting stuck up in the palate and making him gag.

Babybug 06-14-2008 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyShay923 (Post 3861454)
I was once on the same boat as you with my DS!! He was a little chunky monkey too! He would gag with any solid food. I finally had enough and had taken him to the peds and they said first off, not to rush him he might not be ready yet! If you have to keep him on baby food for awhile that is fine (my DS had it so bad I had to water down his baby food). Second, as long as their weight is fine don't worry about it! The doctor actually found out that my DS has a high palate (roof of the mouth). What was happening was the solids were getting stuck up in the palate and making him gag.

Very reassuring mama....thanks :thumbsup:

Sunnyj 06-20-2008 07:13 PM

My dd was like that at 10 months. I was so worried. I just keep putting food in front of her while we were eating. I didn't try to feed her or make a big deal out of it. I just let her play with the food, or look at me eating. Then one day she started putting food in her mouth. Again I didn't make a big deal out of it, I just kept eating. After that we never looked back! Eventually he will eat. HTH

jewelzbird 06-23-2008 03:11 PM

just know they all eat eventually!! i got help using some ideas from
http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/
Also the super baby food book