Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   would like everyones thoughts.....the side bar.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45611)

MamaJo 09-27-2006 01:20 AM

would like everyones thoughts.....the side bar....

How do you feel about it? Does it bug you? It bugs me a little because in Firefox, the sidebar doesn't load as fast as the rest of the page, so the page jumps once it does load.... I may have to do away with it for various reasons....but, to keep the site running, I would need to move the sponsored links to a new section of the site. I'm sure everyone has noticed the new placement of sponsored links in the FSOT forums, I'm considering doing something similar in all the forums...the chit chat forums, only have sponsored links at the very bottom of the thread, not in the middle or above, does this sound too annoying? lol They gotta go somewhere, but if I can, I'd like to avoid annoying everyone :giggle:

j9_shooter9 09-27-2006 01:33 AM

Re: would like everyones thoughts.....the side bar....

That doesn't sound too annoying to me. :thumbsup:

Ooey 09-27-2006 01:52 AM

Having them at the bottom sounds fine. They are bugging the heck out of me how they are in the middle of the thread in FSOT :giggle: The side bar doesn't bother me at all.

hfitz5051 09-27-2006 05:00 AM

I use firrefox do and don't notice a problem. I'm getting used to them now lol.

vick 09-27-2006 06:18 AM

I use Firefox too (on a Mac) and haven't noticed a load time difference in the side bars. I don't mind them there at all, FWIW :)

CarrieMF 09-27-2006 07:59 AM

I don't mind them, I don't even notice them on the side because of how I have the resolution on my computer. I had to look over to see what you were talking about.

MamaJo 09-27-2006 08:02 AM

Well, for other reasons, I'll need to remove the sidebar anyway. So I need to find a place to stick the sponsored links where they will be effective, but not too intrusive...

I think I'll just try it out for a while, add them to the bottom of the threads. Hopefully they won't be too intrusive there :)

MamaJo 09-27-2006 08:24 AM

Thought I'd mention...even though I'll probably try it out, I'm still very interested in hearing what members would like :)

MamaMegan 09-27-2006 08:32 AM

The bottom would be good-- I notice the jump in Foxfire, nothing big but it jumps back up when it's done loading.

mama23boys 09-27-2006 08:42 AM

Quote:

Having them at the bottom sounds fine. They are bugging the heck out of me how they are in the middle of the thread in FSOT The side bar doesn't bother me at all.
:yeahthat: