Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   anyone never use a bottle for their baby? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457951)

rawheid 06-16-2008 02:27 PM

anyone never use a bottle for their baby?

With DS I tried 1 maybe 2 times when we went out and left him with my Mom but he never took it, so we just were gone between feedings. THe reason I'm asking is I just returned all my AVENT bottles and breast pump kit due to the BPA thing and I have store credit, but I just don't see myself using a bottle with this baby either.

Am I crazy to not have a single bottle in my house? I mean I know that I never used them with DS. Should I just wait and see how things go? I just could use that money for so many other things.

foodie.yarnie.mommie. 06-16-2008 02:30 PM

Re: anyone never use a bottle for their baby?

Totally not crazy mama :goodvibes: We never used a bottle with DD, except for the first day she was in the nicu and they wouldn't let me nurse. She nursed for almost 2.5yrs without a single bottle and I never even gave it a second thought or worried about it.

Melaine 06-16-2008 02:35 PM

My mama never used a bottle on the four of us. None the worse for it...I'm sad that after four months of pumping and trying to nurse my preemie twins, I had to give in and switch to bottles. Good for you if you never have to touch a bottle!

kannondicarpo 06-16-2008 02:38 PM

No bottles here. The next baby won't have one either.

MCR 06-16-2008 02:38 PM

Not crazy, baby #2 for us never had a bottle ever. He would take sips of water from a sippy cup at about 8mths. Other than that he was all me :goodvibes:

rawheid 06-16-2008 02:39 PM

thanks, I guess I just needed some reassurance that I'm not crazy. With DS, when he was ready to be weaned he just used a sippy cup. It was great, there was never any getting rid of the bottle.

As for the breast pump, I'm going to wait and see if I need to rebuy that too. I mean I can always manually express if I'm desparate right? It seemed so silly that I bought this breast pump and used it like 5 times.

Guardandolaluna 06-16-2008 02:41 PM

We used sippy cups first. I used a nuby sippy nipple on a evenflo glass bottle. on the last two. My first DD used only sippy cups and regular cups:)

ocean_o_curls 06-16-2008 02:42 PM

we dont have any bottles in the house I tried giving Olivia one when I needed to go to the dentist a few times after she was 6 weeks old and she wanted nothing to do with it so I havent tried again

trying4more 06-16-2008 02:49 PM

Us too. We never used a bottle.
DD refused it. I just had to come home (I was still in school), every few hours so she could nurse.
You don't need to have a bottle in the house.

sahminaz 06-16-2008 02:53 PM

I have 3 kids, 6, 4 & 16 months and none of them have ever had a bottle.