Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How to tell the family? Help! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45927)

loulou belle 09-28-2006 09:08 AM

How to tell the family? Help!

I am 10? 11? weeks pregnant. It took forever to get pregnant, and was a very hard, emotional struggle. We have been waiting to tell for a number of reasons.
So, in the next couple of weeks, probably after my next appt, just to make sure, we are going to tell.
Our parents are over 8 hours away, and our siblings are everywhere, so everyone will get a mailed announcement. We do not have time to tell everyone face to face, and do not want hurt feelings with she/he knew first...blah, blah...
Anyway, so these are some ideas we had. Do you have any others?
1. Top 10 reasons to file your taxes early. (I am due April 16:laugh:)
2. We are having a baby announcement. (you know, the one everyone sends but this is our second baby, so this is my least fav. option)
3. Take a picture of dd with a shirt that says "I am going to be a big sister" and wait until people notice...
4. I don't know. HELP!!!

TIA!

Leininger27 09-28-2006 09:13 AM

Re: How to tell the family? Help!

We did the "I'm going to be a big .... shirt" and took a pic and emailed everyone! They loved it!!!

nothing_butt_cloth 09-28-2006 09:31 AM

I dont know. I am not creative. We havent toldmy in laws yet. and i am 14 weeks. We just took a bunch of pics of thekids,and i scanned in an ultrasound pic to see if they get it. LOL We are emailing them this weekend.

My mom i just told... not creativly, just hey im preggy LOL

I do think the pic that says, imgoingot be a big brother is cute!!But i would do a family pic, so it is not super noticable.. just make them think on it. LOL

mercy589 09-28-2006 09:37 AM

Ooh, thats cute! Take a family pic and see if they notice the baby's shirt! Be sure its readable though... fun fun!

Mindi 09-28-2006 09:40 AM

I like 1 & 3.

09-28-2006 09:50 AM

you could send halloween cards and sign it, "from the 4 of us" (or however many you will be)
:mrgreen:

YnotBhappy 09-28-2006 09:54 AM

You could do something of an e-mail/internet "scavenger hunt"
Say something like:
Hey guys, here's a game for you. The first one to call us when figured out gets ______ (insert something)

THen you could take them to various texts online and direct them to hidden words or letters by hyperlinking sights.
For example (second paragraph, fourth word, second letter)
Once they find all the letters, make them unscramble them to find a message
(For example: "We're Pregnant") or something shorter

I don't know...it would take some time, but it makes it into a game and not the "he knew, she knew first ordeal"

I would recommend telling the parents either face to face or over the phone though...so they know first.

moonphishers 09-28-2006 10:12 AM

:yeahthat:

I think thats a good idea, too! The scavenger hunt as well as a direct call to the parents... how 'bout this - if possible hubby on one phone (house phone) and you on another (like a cell phone) calling your respective parents so that the "she/he" knew first isn't even an issue!!! They'll find out at the same time... But really - why does that matter at the end of the day! the grief they might give you for it would be temporary anyhow...

GOOD LUCK & congrats!!!!

Abunchofus 09-28-2006 06:06 PM

last time I had my oldest take a pic of hubby & I together - me wearing a shirt - well here ya go - here is part of the pic cropped

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...gnmouse/KC.jpg

the photo says he shoots he scores on dh shirt and practice makes pregnant on mine
then I emailed the full photo and some photos of the kids out to everyone and if they noticed great and if not - o well!

this time - we'll tell the kids in the next day or two - and then on Sunday for my dd's birthday (also doing my step-dad's at the same time) my mom commented to me that she needed a new handprint thing cause she's missing 2 kids so make something like that for my step-dad - so I'm making this handprint poem thing with each of the kids handprints and then I found a graphic online of a baby handprint and I'll put each of the kids photos in the center of their own handprint (just a small photo of their face) and then the last one I'll put the positive digi test pic and the due date and see if they notice the extra handprint - we have 6 kiddos so now there will be 7 prints on it.

jjaelovesenglish 09-28-2006 06:14 PM

Congrats. You are due on my birthday :goodvibes:

The shirt idea on the baby would be the way we would go if we were blessed with another.