Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   To call or not to call the doc...(long) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4608)

mamamac 05-09-2006 08:56 AM

To call or not to call the doc...(long)
 
So here I am 31 1/2 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby, and I need some advice. Hopefully with all the mama's that belong to this site, somebody has either been through this or maybe even a midwife or OB will see this.

I have already "dropped" about 2 weeks ago and the doctor says everything is fine. Cervix is intact and nice and thick, just "take it easy". I have contractions everyday, some 10 or more, others just a few times. But since Saturday, I have felt like crap. I have absolutely no energy, my belly feels like one constant gas pain from one side to the other all below the belly button, Gas X doesn't relieve it nor does having a poop. I have throbbing pain in my...well let's just say down there, it's not pressure, just a painful throb. The pain "down there" comes and goes and sometimes stops me in my tracks. The "gas" pain has been constant with no relief. I was hurting so bad last night that my neighbor came over to give my 14 month old daughter a bath. It seems that with the last pregnancy, I would call the doc, go in, told its just muscles or whatever, and then go back home. I have way to much to do to ruin an entire day to go to the doc for him to say "it's nothing". My husband is out of town (comes home Thursday) and then leaves again M-F next week. I am someone who hates to inconvience someone (yes I know its my husband), but he has been looking forward to this seminar/class for a long time, and I can't bear to tell him that I don't want him to go. I guess that I am just scared to call the doc because I don't want him to say "Guess what you're staying with us" or "Take it easy". It's hard as heck to take it easy when you have a toddler running around. I have even looked at daycares to put her in but they are too expensive and I feel like I am dumping her when it's not even her fault. Yes, I am stressed out, but aren't we all!

So I guess back to the whole discomfort and pain...do I wait it out until Thursday when I go see the High Risk OB (I had pneumonia in Feb that started up my ashtma really bad!) or should I call my regular OB or wait for his appointment next Monday.

Thanks for listening/reading!
-Sarah

LuAnn 05-09-2006 09:02 AM

Re: To call or not to call the doc...(long)
 
:hugs: I'm sorry I dont have any advice, but I do think maybe you should just have it checked out? good luck mama:hugs:

Off topic: Where are you in STL? IM on the IL side but Dh works in STL, maybe we could meet sometime this summer...pm me if you want
LuAnn

nothing_butt_cloth 05-09-2006 09:04 AM

Re: To call or not to call the doc...(long)
 
Anytime you think you need to talk to the doc you should. Remember THEY WORK FOR YOU!!! If you need to talk to them, just call them. they may be able to help you over the phone. But if you gut tells you something may be wrong and you may be in early labor oor soemthing go in!! If it is nothing it is nothing and that is good!

Good luck

scatterbrainedmom 05-09-2006 12:06 PM

Re: To call or not to call the doc...(long)
 
get in the bath. water will "stall" labor if you get in too early. brax hicks can be caused dehydration. dehydration can also cause pre term labor. if you aree stressed out drink half a bottle of dark ale or a glass of wine.

wbkt8 05-09-2006 12:20 PM

Re: To call or not to call the doc...(long)
 
i was going to suggest drink a bunch of water and take a break (if you can) pref. laying down - maybe try and get your older kiddo to lay down & read with you or something - see if that helps. dehydration will definitely cause you problems.

if drinking a ton of water & resting doesn't seem to make it any better after an hour or so, then i would call to ask if they have other suggestions or if they think you should come be checked.

katie

MelissaCoffey 05-09-2006 12:25 PM

Re: To call or not to call the doc...(long)
 
Trust your instinct and call. This sounds so weird, so I apologize if it's taken wrong, but our baby was born at 32 weeks and just seeing how close you are to that...I don't know just made me feel so relieved. It's never a good thing to have an early delivery, but I am in tears thinking that your baby will be okay no matter what.

Take it easy Momma. I know what it's like to feel trapped with small children that need you, when you need to take care of yourself!

mamamac 05-11-2006 11:40 AM

Re: To call or not to call the doc...(update)
 
Well, I called the doc and saw him on Tuesday, pretty much all he said was that the baby is probably pushing on a nerve and my muscles are sore causing all the discomfort. He also did a test to make sure I wouldn't be going into labor in the next couple of weeks, but I haven't gotten the results back (should be today).

I went to the Perinatologist this morning and here is what she said...your baby is breech, measuring at 33 weeks, and weighing in a little over 5 pounds! The breech part doesn't scare me because I am a scheduled c-section. She said everytime that little baby wiggles her toes I'm going to feel it and it probably won't get any better, and she really doubts that the baby will flip around. She said to take it easy and don't be surprised if I don't make it to July 6th (scheduled cs). She definitely thinks the baby is more around 32-34 weeks rather than the 31 weeks. Since my daughter was only 7 months old and I had only gotten my period once before I got pregnant, I have NO IDEA when this all happened.

So, thanks for the advice to call the doc, I do feel emotionally better, but I still hurt like heck.

-Sarah

scatterbrainedmom 05-11-2006 11:48 AM

Re: To call or not to call the doc...(update)
 
ultrasounds done after the first tri are usually off by up to 2 pounds in either direction. please don't go by the ultrasound and mover your c-sec up. you could very well deliver a baby that is not ready for the world yet.

I am glad that nothing serious is wrong though!!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors