Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introducing Solids (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   finger foods for 9 mo old (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469674)

Willow's_lilmama 06-27-2008 06:55 AM

finger foods for 9 mo old

My dd has decided she does NOT like being fed (except for yogurt, which she loves). I have been giving her different finger foods but really am looking for some variety. So far, besides fruits and veggies of course, we have done pasta, cheerios, beans and whole grain pancakes and muffins. Anyone have any other suggestions? She is sooooo different than her brother who would eat ANYTHING you shoveled into his mouth. I would also like to get some green veggies into her somehow, so far peas are the only non orange veggies she will eat!

edandsuz 06-27-2008 08:22 AM

Re: finger foods for 9 mo old

I'm assuming you've tried avocado? I'd also suggest scrambled or hard-boiled egg yolk, sliced cheese bits...trying to remember what else DS ate at that age, though he eats almost anything!

I'd recommend the book "Super Baby Foods" - lots of great ideas in there for the different stages.

And honestly, it sounds like she's eating pretty well. Keep up the good work, and keep trying to get green veggies into her!

kendrea 06-27-2008 08:26 AM

I would try some small bits of cheese .. my DD loves the yogurt melts by Gerber .. they say Toddler on them but as soon as you put them in your mouth they melt and they are not messy. :thumbsup:

Willow's_lilmama 06-27-2008 08:42 AM

yes, I have tried avocado and scrambled egg, she is a picky miss! I have "super baby food", great book. Some of her recipes are not practical IMO but I used several with ds when he was a baby dd is much more particular. I live too far away from town and we don't have a great variety of stores to find some of her ingredients. Just looking for some variety, I will have to try the cheese. Anything else mamas?

Monzie 06-27-2008 11:44 AM

Have you tried "broccoli trees"? Those are easy to pick up and gnaw on. Or bits of steamed green beans? You could try asparagus too, but that can be kinda stringy, so you might need to peel the stalks first.

Tikki026 07-05-2008 01:54 PM

I have the same problem!! :banghead: I have a 8 month old who only wants to feed himself! He will eat yogurt but that is it! I just started making him "cheese toast", I take whole wheat bread throw some cheese on it and toast it. I cut it up in little pieces and let him have at it! I agree with Willow's_lilmama about Super Baby Food book being impractical! I live in a small town and would never find have of those ingredients! I am also interested if anyone else has any other suggestions!

Daizy Nee 07-05-2008 02:52 PM

My 9 mos old loves cheese, tiny broccoli florets, brown rice, couscous, tabouli, crackers, along with the other things you mentioned, cheerios, etc.

Oooh and veggie burgers - she loves em. What abt green beans? Zucchini?

:popcorn:

LuAnn 07-05-2008 03:02 PM

nak
thats how ds2 is and hes only a couple days younger than your dd
weve been doing
gharahm crackers
banannas
necterines (tried that the other day what a mess, but he loved it)
apples
heck he got ahold of ds1 chicken nugget 1 day,lol
pasta
rice

Gerber yogurat melts (gross, taste llike chalk to me,lol but he loves them, (the berry one and the strawberry one..not big on the peach one)
baby mum mums
cheeots (thanks grandma)
the white oreos (gross, thanks other grandma,lol)
the cheetos and oreos are very seldome treats.
he pretty much tries what ever we eat..

Jenney17 07-05-2008 03:09 PM

Does she do any kind of sauces yet? With DD I would make a brown gravy with tahini and let her dip tiny broccoli trees in it. I would serve it with chopped baked red potatoes. YUM!

mindiferous 07-05-2008 05:15 PM

My kids love frozen peas and blueberries!