Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Spotting...possibly TMI (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47323)

riandkymommy 10-02-2006 10:59 AM

Spotting...possibly TMI

So with all of my pregnancies so far I have had brown spotting, with my first it was around 12 weeks, with my second around 5 weeks and with this one I am 6 weeks and it is just starting...the first 2 times I was quite worried, this time I am not so much because it seems like a pattern.

My question...I was pushing to have a poop over the weekend and the blood was bright red, only for the time that I was pushing and only a small amount, could I have done something? I don't necessarily think anything is wrong with baby I just think that I might be constipated and I wonder what I could do to make sure I am not? I am keeping myself hydrated, but still nursing a 1 year old, I am ALWAYS thirsty and can't keep up with it sometimes, on top of that, she is sick and I am tired!!!

Now, because of my history, am I right in thinking that I am probably ok with this brown spotting? And could the bright red spots be of a major concern? And constipation? How do I know and what do I do!!

THANKS!!!

Newtocloth2006 10-02-2006 11:08 AM

Re: Spotting...possibly TMI

Constipation: add some fiber and stool softeners.
Red blood: probably from being constipated.

You might put a call into your ob/midwife and see if they want to see you to be sure.

wbkt8 10-02-2006 11:11 AM

with both of my pregnancies i've had some brown spotting at about 6 weeks. i worried about it with the first, but didn't this time. i think generally with red (fresh) blood - they only get concerned if it's heavier (more like a period). it could be from lots of stuff - your cervix is just more sensitive now - so it could be from sex or just straining as you suggested. or it may just be what your body does.

Ontariomama 10-02-2006 12:15 PM

Was it just red when you wiped? It could have even been hemmoroids and nothing to do with baby at all, kwim?

GL mama! I'm looking forward to seeing your nb stash when it's all finished! LOL

ETA: Brown is fine, that's old blood. Red is not good, but only if you're actually *bleeding* and not just a spot here or there. :) When does the placenta grow and take hold? That could cause a bit of bleeding too..

Blackbirdlane 10-02-2006 12:28 PM

I was going to ask if it was just when you wiped too??

this is unfortunately how I got hemmoriods, don't strain too hard

:hugs:

riandkymommy 10-02-2006 01:21 PM

Yes, it was just when I wiped, nothing on the undies or in the toilet or I might have been scared!!

Thanks! I have my first appt with my MW next week, they got me in fast!

I will definitely add more fiber and water!! Thanks for the idea!

Meg - You will probably be MAKING alot of my newborn stash so you will see it, lol!! I need newborn wool though....can't wait!!