Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family Planning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   stupid question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47597)

saanthony12 10-03-2006 06:01 AM

stupid question

OK I have a question. Yes I know this is going to be a stupid question, but I am unfamiliar with this and never have researched this. Never had to. So tell me - if you know you ovulated, and when you ovulated (I charted) - and you DTD at that time, days before and days after - does it not always work - (three successful previous attempts, with other children)- the charts are telling me I should start testing on Friday, but I have tested since last week and its all negative. I know its too soon but just wondering. It is possible to have 6 negatives before a positive? Sorry to be so dumb, but like i said i havent ever had to plan to get pregnant and scared its not going to work.

greenkmt 10-03-2006 06:03 AM

Re: stupid question

Leave it to the pros they will know! LOL

saanthony12 10-03-2006 09:56 AM

:bumpsign: for the pros out there

Timetodance 10-03-2006 10:05 AM

I did not test positive for DD until 7 days after my period was due. Then the line JUMPED out, it had been negative until then. It takes longer for some people to get the hormone in thier systems.

Kimmomy2dom 10-03-2006 10:56 AM

Especially if you are a POAS-aholic (as I am, LOL) it is VERY possible. :)

saanthony12 10-03-2006 11:22 AM

ok - but what about the other part of the question. - IF you know that you and your husband can get pregnant - and you know when you ovulated and you DTD the whole week of - it should work right - is there a chance it wont - are there times when someone will not get pregnant under those conditions?

Kimmomy2dom 10-03-2006 11:32 AM

Sure there are. Sometimes a pregnancy just can't be sustained that month. At least you are charting and know what's going on, KWIM? We tried for SO LONG without charting and got pregnant the first month I charted, but totally by chance since we didn't know when I was going to ovulate (which was over 30 days into my cycle).
I'm not sure if anyone would know why you aren't getting pregnant (if you're sure of when you ovulated) unless you went in and had testing done but I don't know that would show anything for you or DH. Circumstances could be different somehow than they were the last time you concieved and someow that's throwing it out of whack, too.
There is such a thing as secondary infertility - we thought we had it. It's not rare, but also not common, KWIM? Since your daughter is so young I don't know that would be a possiblity for you. If you're ovulating maybe it has more to do with DHs "men" or your environment. Don't worry about anything I've said! Just keep trying. I wouldn't worry until a year has gone past with no "product" as my doctor calls it, LOL. That's the point at which doctors say to think about getting treatment. Since we know you're ovulating it's promising!

Knittress 10-03-2006 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saanthony12 (Post 338373)
ok - but what about the other part of the question. - IF you know that you and your husband can get pregnant - and you know when you ovulated and you DTD the whole week of - it should work right - is there a chance it wont - are there times when someone will not get pregnant under those conditions?

Stress, bfing, dtd every day... give DH's swimmers a one day break...

saanthony12 10-03-2006 12:19 PM

Thanks so much. This is the first month that I have tried, and so far the jury is still out - not even time to test yet. I was just wondering what my chances would be if you knew everything that was happing. But you answered my question. thanks again.

Blackbirdlane 10-03-2006 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauraheartsherlittleone (Post 338533)
Stress, bfing, dtd every day... give DH's swimmers a one day break...

I was going to say to give them a little break too :giggle: