Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Formula Feeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   An alternative to store bought formula! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476314)

mommy_3 07-03-2008 07:01 PM

An alternative to store bought formula!

Hi mamas!!
I am new to this forum...but I had something I wanted to share. I am actually currently a BFing mama but in the past couple of years due to close pregnancies (babies in 05,06 and 07) and high risk situation, i have had to switch my lo's to formula earlier than I would like.
I know not everyone has success with BFing. I as well as most other mamas want the best for my babies and BFing is the best choice IMO...BUT when it cant be done I look for the next best thing. I have found a recipe for Goat milk formula that is wonderful. My first two children did very well with it when I had to switch them over (i am currently BFing my 8mo old). I would recommend this formula to anyone who is open to an alternative to the regular commercial formula that is full of many synthetic and possibly harmful additives. A good reference book for the info is Train Up Your Child in the Way They Should Eat by Sharon Broer. Recipe can be found on pg 105.
If any of you are interested...I would be happy to share the recipe with you.
I just wanted to offer this info... Thanks!! You can pm me if you want more info.
Blessings to all of you and your lo's!!!!:hugs:

Mama2Kellie 07-06-2008 02:01 AM

Re: An alternative to store bought formula!

My Mom gave me goat's milk when I was a baby. She had to stop BFing to go on anti-depressants for her postpartum depression. Apparently milk-based formula and I did not get along.

Thanks for the info! :)

mommy_3 07-10-2008 11:36 AM

Bump for any other interested mamas!!

AutoShopMama 07-10-2008 04:17 PM

We use raw goats milk to supplement with here ... but I'd love a "formula recipe" :giggle:

cowangel 07-14-2008 09:22 PM

I always wondered what book you got all those recipes from, but kept forgetting to ask...thanks for posting the name of it here.

linz2491 07-23-2008 09:34 PM

nourishing traditions also has formula recipes including a bone broth recipe for those babes that can't tolerate milk based

starrmama 07-23-2008 10:50 PM

I used the Nourishing Traditions one to supplement dd1 a little... I think its soooo much better than storebought, but I'm a NT fanatic anyway!

J'Wa 07-24-2008 12:11 AM

man I wish alyssa wasnt allergic to goat milk :(

lenorejohnson 01-09-2013 11:28 PM

Please may I have the recipe for goats milk formula?
Thank you!
Lenore

LuvMySoldier 01-16-2013 03:54 PM

Do you have a recipe for a baby that is constantly constipated but needs a lactose sensitive formula?