Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Potty Training (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   My 15 month old won't keep a diaper on (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476846)

ariandlilysmommy 07-04-2008 12:09 PM

My 15 month old won't keep a diaper on

Okay my 15 month old has decided not to wear a diaper. No matter what we do she takes it off. Should I take this as a sign she is ready to be potty trained? She has been sitting on the potty since she was 12 months old but it was always with her clothes on to try and get her used to it. Any advice?

vintagegyrl 07-08-2008 01:49 PM

Re: My 15 month old won't keep a diaper on

hi,
why not try it? Just for fun. Take it V. slow and let her lead since she is so young.
DS did this as well - he was about 15 mos. or so in Feb. when this started. We PL for a little while - actually wore trainers & underwear, but we have a baby coming in the next few weeks so he stopped PL for the time being. Now it has become a major issue, but hopefully with u, it will not be a big deal. I dont care at this point whether he PL or not - we have so much time. He is only 2 Monday, so im not stressed - just the situations that are going on are stressing me out. Maybe your DD is like my DS but hopefullly not! (see my thread above)

MollyJones 07-08-2008 01:53 PM

I'd try it. And if she obviously is not ready-- then put her in onsies. :giggle:

joycemama_6 07-15-2008 10:58 PM

I was just coming to post about this same issue! As I type, dd (19 months old) is sitting bare butt naked on the couch beside me because she just won't keep her diapers on!!

She unsnaps all of her fitteds.
She pulls off all of her covers and shorties.
She even takes off her pinned fitteds!:banghead:

I just can't keep up with her taking these off, and most of the time she'll take it off and I'll catch her pping in the floor, and sometimes...#2 in one of her siblings rooms:yuck:

I went and purchased a potty chair and she loves to go the potty, but has yet to actually potty IN the chair.

I thought she was awfully young to be potty training, but when she takes off her dry diaper and proceeds to wet in the floor, I think it must be time. It's been seven years since I potty trained a little one, so I'll be browsing the threads for tips on how to get the job done once again:thumbsup:

Oh--and to the OP, Best of luck figuring out how to keep your own lo from running around naked!:giggle:

jujusmama 07-15-2008 11:03 PM

If she isn't ready to PL, I would suggest trying tk cuddlers (on hyena cart)! The S-hooks make it impossible for even the craftiest baby to remove.

LisaEileen 07-15-2008 11:17 PM

My dd can get off any pinned prefold or diaper with 2 pins. But, she can't get off my FFF's that pin in the middle. She tries hard, but she can't do it. We went through a horrible month or two because I was trying to put some other diapers on her at night and I ended up going back to what has worked for all my girls for so many years. I'm not sure why I always think I have to try something new all the time. lol