Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   *Update*Prayers, Positive Thoughts and Goodvibes for DD please! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47790)

GoddessWifeMom 10-03-2006 03:26 PM

*Update*Prayers, Positive Thoughts and Goodvibes for DD please!

Well tomorrow we take DD to the Children's Hospital to see her Ped Neuro.

We are hoping, I guess although I am really still not sure, that he switches her meds. Fingers crossed that the new one will stop her seizures.

I know he is going to switch it I am just worried about dealing with side effects and everything like that right when the new baby is about to come.

Her side effects have been quite noticeable with the med she is on now so I am a little worried. She seems to react badly to most meds.

Also he will be looking into why she sleeps 16-18 hours in a day. YES 18 hours sometimes.

He thinks it might be the med she is on but since we have lowered the med to half of what she was taking she is still sleeping the same amount.

I'm worried about what it could be that is making her sleep for so long. Possibly she is having seizures in her sleep?? I don't know but we have a video monitor for the express purpose of keeping control and track of her seizures but I mean she could be having them when we are asleep.

Anyway then next week we go back to the Children's Hospital, over 2 hours away, for her EEG. This is GREAT news. It will only be her second EEG and I am hoping that they find something kind of. Last time she had one she was just over 6 months old so she has grown a lot since then.

Anyway Prayers and Positive thoughts would be great for tomorrow. :)

Now to pick out a cute outfit for her to wear. ;)

TKDMama 10-03-2006 04:11 PM

Re: Prayers, Positive Thoughts and Goodvibes for DD please!

:goodvibes: and lots of love coming to your dd, and to you! I will keep you guys in my thoughts tomorrow.

GrandIsp 10-03-2006 04:16 PM

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

FunnyMonkey 10-03-2006 04:22 PM

:goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

ps - I love your dd name, that is so pretty!

beanmama 10-03-2006 04:45 PM

Thoughts and prayers coming your direction, I hope it goes well.

:goodvibes: :hugs:

GoddessWifeMom 10-05-2006 08:03 AM

Re: *Update*Prayers, Positive Thoughts and Goodvibes for DD please!

Well our appointment went well.

Her Ped Neuro has taken her off of Clobozam totally now because it's just not giving us any results and just bad side effects so no sense in keeping her on it.

She has an EEG next week at the Children's Hospital also and so he would like her to be off of the meds for it and then maybe they might catch something.

If all goes well with the EEG and it doesn't catch anything then he will be putting her on Topomax. I just looked it up and it has some pretty severe side effects so we will have to watch her VERY carefully he said.

He said she is growing and developing well. He's just worried about her sleeping for 16-18 hours a day and why she is doing it and how it will effect her development.

So everything seems good. Fingers crossed that now that she is on no meds for a while we don't all of a sudden have tons of seizures again.

Then that the Topomax, if that is what she goes on, doesn't have too bad of side effects for her.

This is a lot to deal with only 4 weeks from my due date.

runningdiva 10-05-2006 08:09 AM

:hugs: Mama

Leininger27 10-05-2006 08:10 AM

Wow mama! I hope things go well for your family! :hugs: to you all!

Timetodance 10-05-2006 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Peas14mnsapart (Post 342901)
He said she is growing and developing well. He's just worried about her sleeping for 16-18 hours a day and why she is doing it and how it will effect her development.

If it makes you feel any better, my almost 2yo sleeps 13 hours at night and takes a 2-3 hour nap during the day. She is moving nonstop when she is awake, so she really just wears herself out.

Good luck!!:goodvibes: :goodvibes:

GoddessWifeMom 10-05-2006 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timetodance (Post 343245)
If it makes you feel any better, my almost 2yo sleeps 13 hours at night and takes a 2-3 hour nap during the day. She is moving nonstop when she is awake, so she really just wears herself out.

Good luck!!:goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Anastasia sleeps from 14-16 hours at night and then takes 2 1-2 hours naps during the day.

Her schedule looks like this:

6-7am wake up
9-9:30 first nap
11-11:30 wake up from nap
1-1:30 second nap
4-4:30 bed time sleeps straight until 6-7am

She's 14 months yesterday. I added it up and last Friday she was awake for only 8 hours.

She doesn't cry when she goes down either she just goes to sleep. We have tried to change her schedule and either she wakes up after getting her normal amount anyway or she is just CRABBY and just horrible to deal with the next day.