Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Was there an Email sent out? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4809)

WilmaFlinstone 05-09-2006 10:32 PM

Was there an Email sent out?

About the board moving and about the 2 weeks to get a link to our old post count? I havent been around much due to some home issues and I certainyl dont remmeber seeing an email stating I would lose my post count. Heck I didnt even know DS had moved until today when I came to post an update. My last update was posted on April 17th I think at the old board. I am just very confused and kinda of upset that I wont be getting my post count reset cause I had no idea anythign was going on till today.

*note right after I hit submit I will be going to my gmail archives and looking fro anything related to the move and post count thing. Gotta love gmail it never deletes anything...

ETA check gmail archives and there was no emails from DS between April 17th )which was apm notifaction from someone I was inquiring about buying something from) and today which was the thank email for registering for DS.

lovemygirls 05-09-2006 10:41 PM

Re: Was there an Email sent out?

Jo did let everybody know about the board change on the old DS, and in the thread there was something about our pm's not transferring over, and once the new board was up and running there was the "post count thread for 2 weeks". I'm sorry your post count didn't transfer.

Bare Bottom Gear 05-09-2006 10:53 PM

Jo has locked the "post count you have 2 weeks" thread but she is going to open it when she gets through most of it. A lot of people linked to their feedback instead of their profile on the old ds so she cannot change their post count.

Once she opens it she said we'll be able to edit our posts. You may be able to add a post as well.

You need to check the the "forum use ask the pros" and "DS Announcements" for any info as that is the place for it. Check there every so often just so you don't miss stuff. Read old posts too. That is where all the info is. You can get most of your answers by reading them.

HTH.

ocfb16 05-09-2006 10:54 PM

Yeah I saw it on the old board as well...didnt recieve and email though.

Bare Bottom Gear 05-09-2006 10:56 PM

No body received an email. She didn't send one out. All the info about the switch was on the Announcements board (that was easier).

WilmaFlinstone 05-09-2006 11:44 PM

my point is that I wasnt on the computer much between April 17th (my last post on teh old DS) and today. I never checked DS cause I never had the time to do much more than read my emails. OTday when had a few extra mins I decided to check Ds and look fro some trainers for my oldest daughter and maybe some shoes fro my younger one. When I got to DS everything had been changed. I had no idea.

MamaJo 05-10-2006 12:10 AM

Thats correct, I didn't send an email. Many people chose to use the option to not receive admin emails on the old board. My best bet was to make an "announcement". When I make an announcement, it forces everyone to view that thread the next time they visit the board before viewing anything else.

I made that announcement on April 13th http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=35369.0

I'm really sorry for those who won't have post counts follow. But I decided to handle the post count adjustments this way almost a month ago, I knew it would be very time intensive to go through hundreds of profiles, do the math, edit the count, etc so I had to put a strict limit on it, otherwise I'd be adjusting counts for the next 6 mos :(

Bare Bottom Gear 05-10-2006 09:51 AM

Just put your old post count in your siggy like me. Then people will know how much you had.

jls~Kain~Drake 05-10-2006 09:58 AM

I didn't see the 2 wk post count adj either, totally my fault..I've even been around, nearly every day, for awhile..but I just wanted to add that I thought SAHMTo2's idea was a great one if the post count is that important :)