Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   PLEASE help me, I'm at my wits end with this! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484661)

kezoo 07-12-2008 10:59 AM

Re: PLEASE help me, I'm at my wits end with this!

Argh!! I don't have any advice right now.... but I wanted to respond with :hugs: .

LilyGrace 07-12-2008 11:01 AM

It's summer, so you could try the good ol' fashioned "let him drink as much as he wants and guide his naked butt to the potty" outside. I don't think it'll get him potty trained, but the positive reinforcement for getting it in the little bucket seat might dissuade him from going elsewhere.

tararaboomdeea 07-12-2008 11:02 AM

I don't have any experience with this, I'm sorry! My boys grab at their units when they are being changed, but I've never experienced them pulling their penis out of the diaper.

I'd say maybe start pushing the PLing more. Do you have a potty seat or a seat that sits on the toilet seat? As for books, do you have a library close to you? I wonder if you could find something online and then see if you can find it there. Good Luck!

Beaker 07-12-2008 11:06 AM

I've heard that moms put fruit loops or cheerios in the toilet to get the boys to "aim and shoot" and make the toilet more fun than the non-toilet areas.

Computermama 07-12-2008 04:30 PM

I can't imagine the mounties would bother you over a baby being nude. Now, if you yourself were out in the nude, maybe. :giggle: Our boys in red serge have other things to bother with. Babies are cute, they can get away with things we can't.

jewelzbird 07-12-2008 08:39 PM

I am so impressed that he already knows and identifies when he is going to pee! But man your poor carpets! Wish I had a magic solution for you! I would say it is time to potty learn already, but at his age it could take a while. Good luck!!

kecmom 07-12-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaker (Post 4135405)
I've heard that moms put fruit loops or cheerios in the toilet to get the boys to "aim and shoot" and make the toilet more fun than the non-toilet areas.

I don't have a boy but this is just what I was thinking. Is he tall enough to stand at the potty though?

rmz1217 07-12-2008 09:02 PM

I think the Fruit Loop idea mayhelp. if you can guess when he is going to go (sort of) you could turn it into to a game instead of "Potty training" .

Say something like..."Hey little man let's go play bulls eye with Fruit loops. This may entice him to play the Fruit loop game on his own. It may at least turn this urge into something positive.

Also I think I would try to keep the training tolietvery close to wherever he is playing, and perhaps keep fruit loops in it to encourage independent trials.

mamacake 07-12-2008 10:31 PM

Can you just resort to good old bribery- every time he goes in the potty- he gets candy or something? I wouldn't normally suggest it but i can understand not wanting to scrub up all that pee!

(and your post made me laugh-- i know it probably doesnt seem that funny to you right now- but i just could picture this little guy whipping it out and peeing on the diapers in the basket! so thanks for the chuckle!)