Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Insurance VENT... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48741)

Fuzzi Fannies Creations 10-06-2006 11:06 AM

Insurance VENT...

With my last pregnancy I had hyperemesis.. this pregnancy when I started getting signs of it I started taking Zofran right away so that I would not end up loosing 22 lbs in 3 weeks and in the hospital again.. not good! So.. been taking them and then today called to get a refill and the ins company wont cover them.. they will only cover 30 pills every 24 days even tho your supposed to take 3 per day. I have only been taking 2 per day..and was going to take them till I moved (id be 14 weeks) then ween off.. I really cant get sick now.. since i have been better the last week... So.. now either I have to take 1 pill per day and pay like 50 dollars for 1 pill or not take any at all.. I am soooo scared to get sick again.. I just started to bawl and cry.. I dont wanna get sick!! I was just starting to feel better!!:yuck: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

orteggleston 10-06-2006 11:18 AM

Re: Insurance VENT...

Ahhhh Rachele I'm sorry to hear that! :hugs: Insurance can be a real pain in the butt sometimes...make that most of the time! Don't they get it! It is cheaper/better/healthier for them to pay for the meds than deal with the cost and other issues involved in a hospital stay :banghead:

Sounds like it is time for a price inflation on Fuzzi Fannies :hugegrin: I'd pay more, especially for a good cause!! :hugegrin:

Blackbirdlane 10-06-2006 12:00 PM

man that stinks.

I feel crappy, I can't imagine what you must feel like. :hugs:

OneFabMama 10-06-2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orteggleston (Post 345935)
Ahhhh Rachele I'm sorry to hear that! :hugs: Insurance can be a real pain in the butt sometimes...make that most of the time! Don't they get it! It is cheaper/better/healthier for them to pay for the meds than deal with the cost and other issues involved in a hospital stay :banghead:

Sounds like it is time for a price inflation on Fuzzi Fannies :hugegrin: I'd pay more, especially for a good cause!! :hugegrin:

I'd be on the phone - for sure! She makes a great point. Them paying for your pills now will end up SAVING them money in the long run especially if you get sick. Doesnt make a lick of sense.

*~Mindy~* 10-06-2006 01:46 PM

awww :hugs: thats totally not cool... you pay for the dang insurance so you dont have to pay out of pocket for stuff, geez!!

yeah...
maybe you can do an auction for a dipe or 2 to get some more cash? i dont know how much they are though, so that might not help much?? i dont know..

rowynne 10-06-2006 02:17 PM

We just had to fight with our insurance co to pay for dds medication. They were paying for 5mg & the Dr wanted to increase it to 10mg & then increase it to 20mg if needed & he wrote the RX like that. The insurance said just give her 20mg! I had to explain WHY we dont want 20mg right away, etc & they finally agreed to pay for it or it would have been $250 out of pocket each month!

annes_cottage 10-06-2006 08:40 PM

Awe Rachele that is awful!!! Our new insurance is pretty much worthless as well!! When I had my appt Monday they informed me I owe $285 dollars for my first ultrasound! The insurance said it wasn't neccessary....thats the one they did to see if I was miscarrying!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I am here.....call if you need to!!

SJwith2girls 10-06-2006 09:13 PM

I feel for you. I'm in Canada so our insurance is a little different. Anyway I have OHIP the Provincial insurance so that pays for all the hospital/midwife stuff. However with me being a sahm and dh self employed we don't have a drug/dental/eye care plan. Usually you get that subsidized through where you work. So since we would have to pay and arm and a leg for independant coverage we take are chances. Well I'm on diclecton (CDN equivalent) and I'm looking at about $600 over the next 12-14 weeks. (if I'm on it as long as I was with the previous 2)

:hugs:

Severine 10-07-2006 06:10 AM

:hugs: Stupid insurance companies! They never do what's in the best interest of their clients!!!

heidisue 10-07-2006 06:12 AM

I know nothing about Zofran, but if it comes in different doses then you could have the doc up your prescription dose then split them in half before you take them. A lot of prescriptions have different dose levels and that way your insurance company would still pay for a "months" supply, but it would actually be twice as much.