Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Kushies Ultra AIO What do you think? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4880)

lilmama2dsndd 05-10-2006 10:32 AM

Kushies Ultra AIO What do you think?

I am looking for CDs for my 2 yr old son and came across Kushies Ultra AIO, they look like a great deal (5 pack toddler size for $51 new). But I want to find out what other people think of them. If you have used them could you PLEASE let me know what you thought? Are they really that good of a deal?

Luv2bemommy 05-10-2006 12:02 PM

Re: Kushies Ultra AIO What do you think?

I have several Kushies AIO's and I think they are "ok".. There are better out there.. LOL I know if its on her long they will start to leak around the legs, but there is a place in the middle where you can stuff it if you buy the inserts..

Anyways they will work if you change every hr or so.. LOL They do for us, I still use them!

foofoomomma 05-10-2006 12:04 PM

I love mine for daytime....theres no way my super soaker could last a night in them. They are good in my opinion & I plan on buying more when he grows out of the infants! Oh and by the way.... walmart has a better deal on them, but they are only available online. Thats where I got mine :)

Prettylocks 05-10-2006 12:07 PM

Is your 2 yr old new to CDs? If so, he might not even go for them. Maybe you can buy just one to try it out? Or potty train- easier said than done...

mom_of_3g_1b 05-10-2006 12:09 PM

I used them pretty exclusively for 4 months. They work for me. I am noticing that they are starting to wick out the top and the legs. They might need stripping or they might be wearing out since they do get heavy use. I've used them over night and they've worked great. I think they are a good value for the money.

nothing_butt_cloth 05-10-2006 12:14 PM

I say great if you need AIOS for going out, but not worth it. Mine were used not very heavily and they started to rip, and just wanst pretty. The outer material seemed to stain pretty easily if there was a blow out. I wasnt impressed. BUT if you dont have AIOs and want to get some for outings i guess they would be OK.:2cents:

jodi5 05-10-2006 03:15 PM

I used Kushies exclusively for my first son. I always put a doubler in them and we rarely had any leaks. I really liked the fit for him. I don't think they are meant to last through more than one child though. I had some left over for my baby I had in November and just tried them on to see how they fit him and they did not work that well for him. So, like any AIO, they will work well for some and not for others. By the way, with my first son, I would change him every 2-3 hours without a problem in them. I did not use them at night though. I found that they could leak at night and did not breathe well enough so we would get rashes if we weren't careful at night, fine during the day though.

jls~Kain~Drake 05-10-2006 03:28 PM

I would agree with the seeming to not breath very well...but they've done me ok. I bought them used (the 5 pack) and they've been :thumbsup: for ds2. I think the ones I have are lg's though, and ds2 is definitely a smallish medium...so i dunno what's up there :)

But anyway...they work ok, but they're just not as cute as so many others are out there :)