Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   would/have you brought your diapes to a laundromat? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4910)

Kelolsen-and-Padawan 05-10-2006 11:40 AM

would/have you brought your diapes to a laundromat?

We're moving in June- its a military move and we'll end up in a hotel for about 5 days before our funiture arrives at our house. I'm accepting that I might have to use disposables here and there, but I'd like to keep using the cloth. there isn't a washer/dryer at our hotel, I don't think. Do you think I'd get the evil eye for bringing them to a laundromat? Should I be concerned about the machines there?

Prettylocks 05-10-2006 11:42 AM

Re: would/have you brought your diapes to a laundromat?

I have washed at a laundry mat. Just stay there the whole time so no one steals them.

EasterBun 05-10-2006 11:44 AM

Yep, my biggest concern would be theft, not the machines ;)

Shaineinok 05-10-2006 11:44 AM

Yes I would do it. But I second watching them so they don't get stolen.

Mel 05-10-2006 11:45 AM

We're doing a move in Sept. The lodging on base has washers & dryers though so that's what I'll be using. During our 2 day drive in the car I'll use sposies though :)

md*s_wife 05-10-2006 12:16 PM

yep.. and ditto the previous post :mrgreen: .. we stayed a little over a week in the Navy Lodge before our recent transfer, and they had laundry rooms (and free detergent too!).. we took prefolds and a few covers instead of fitteds, though.. since they take up less room in the bag, and dry pretty quick! Good luck!! :thumbsup:

~
Lacy
www.sunkissedbabies.com
www.hyenacart.com/sunkissedbabies

Kelolsen-and-Padawan 05-10-2006 12:25 PM

Alas, there is no room for us in the navy lodge inn LOL. We are in a hotel - no biggie though. We get free breakfast and internet hahaha...

I'll definitely keep an eye out and pounce on any potential diaper thieves! :)

Meisubaby 05-10-2006 12:51 PM

I think all hotels have machine but motels on the other hand might not. I have washed our diapers at many hotels laundrymats. I usually set the clock for 6am and have them going before the rest of hotel guests even roll out of bed so no one can make a fuss about it. For us I can't imagine putting them back in sposies for any reason. Take your cloth but watch it carefully!