Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   # of prefolds in circulation? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=496213)

emmapants 07-23-2008 02:08 PM

# of prefolds in circulation?

For those of you who use prefolds for the bulk of your diapering - how many do you have? I do diaper wash every other day. Right now I use gdiapers with cloth inserts but I'm moving towards just using prefolds. I think 2 dozen will be enough and I can just use the gdiapers when I'm getting low.

leahcatherinesmom 07-23-2008 02:47 PM

Re: # of prefolds in circulation?

My dd is older than yours so you may need more than we do - but I rotate through 24 PFs and wash every other or third day. We use pockets at night though.

alirebco 07-23-2008 02:50 PM

I've been doing mostly prefolds and I just ordered another dozen so I'll have 28 when they come in.

emmapants 07-23-2008 03:05 PM

I think I'll go with 24. I have 12 yellow that I've been using and 12 yellow that are still in the original packaging. I think the yellow are a little small so I think I want to return the yellow and switch to brown edges. Although people seem to think that the yellow should be good an a 14lb baby. I have to take a pic tonight and see what everyone thinks about the fit.

chloecat 07-23-2008 03:13 PM

i have 18 infant & 6 premiums and 24 preemies the i use as doublers. i don't use covers at home so we change about 1 time per hour and i use bumgenious pockets at night. i can go about 2-3 days but need to fold and start using immediately.

Jubilee 07-23-2008 03:17 PM

2-3 dozen

proudmommaof4 07-23-2008 03:34 PM

I have a dozen premiums right now. I can squeeze my LO into an infant if I happen to run out though. I definetly need more infants for the new baby though. I know a dozen of those isn't going to be enough.

the8dunlaps 07-23-2008 03:43 PM

We have 1 dozen green GMD infants (used as trifolds for younger ds), 1 dozen yellow GMD infants (used as trifolds for older dd and snappi'd for younger ds) and about 6 fitted diapers for both (OS mostly), and on their way to me 2 dozen new red GMD mediums.. these will be used for younger ds snappi'd and for older dd for trifolding.... and we'll probably just use the yellow edge for backup/laundry day... so that's 3-4 dozen in rotation for 2 kiddos in cloth. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ouchienurse 07-23-2008 04:24 PM

We use pf's almost exclusively and 24 is plenty for every other day. We just got two AIO's for travel, but have never run out with every other day washing, 24 pf's and about 10 covers. Prob. omnly need 4-5 covers, but they are so cute I way over bought.

the8dunlaps 07-23-2008 04:51 PM

Mama you may want to go to red edge.. the brown edge may be TOO big, we are outgrowing the rise on our yellows too at 13 1/2 lbs here.