Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tired of restricted diet (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49946)

lombardowa 10-10-2006 10:30 AM

Tired of restricted diet

Okay. My son will be 6 months old on Thursday and he is allergic to milk, soy and eggs. I am allergic to beef, lamb and pork. I am so tired of trying to find something I can eat.:cry: I know it's not good, but somedays all I eat is fresh fruit. I need some advice. Does anybody know anything easy to fix that doesn't have any of the above mentioned items? (besides chicken and tuna salad)

Prettylocks 10-10-2006 10:49 AM

Re: Tired of restricted diet

I love nuts! Trail mix is always easy. GL- that sounds rough. :hugs:

lombardowa 10-10-2006 10:52 AM

This is going to sound stupid, but what do you put in trail mix?

Timetodance 10-10-2006 10:55 AM

Honestly, can you see a nutritionist. For both you and your son it is a good idea to have somone layout a diet for you. My friend had the same thing where she could not eat dairy, eggs or soy and the only was she survived was a nutritionist.

He son is 3 and he can eat everything now.:thumbsup:

urchin_grey 10-10-2006 10:57 AM

Goodness, sounds rough. :hugs:

Hmm, well the first thing that came to mind is Spaghetti with some "no egg" pasta (and no meat). I know its probably not that great compared to homemade, but I get the organic Ragu. :mrgreen: Oh, and it sounds strange but to add something to it since I don't eat beef either, I sometimes add some frozen brocolli to my pasta when I boil it.

Refried beans is another fav around here (you can tell we strive for convenience, eh? :smiley_haha:). I either eat them with tortilla chips or in a burrito. I know you can't add cheese but you can add tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, etc.

Oh, and what about salads? My sister is a vegan and she eats salad all the time. :goodvibes:

Also if you like to eat vegetables, I would stock your freezer up with a bunch of frozen veggies. (That way if your the only one muching on them they won't go bad. And they are better for you than canned.)

Good luck, and yeah, seeing a nutritionist sounds like a good idea to me too!

MamaMel 10-10-2006 11:02 AM

have you recently tried putting any back into your diet? My dd had a dairy intolerent until 6 months but now she can handle it! :hugs: I know its hard I at A lot of salad

EmnJJsMom 10-10-2006 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaMel (Post 355476)
have you recently tried putting any back into your diet? My dd had a dairy intolerent until 6 months but now she can handle it! :hugs: I know its hard I at A lot of salad

I was just about to ask how long it's been restricted :giggle: Sometimes babies have an intolerance to stuff but around 6 months they start growing out of it!

lombardowa 10-10-2006 11:12 AM

Where can you find a nutritionist/ how expensive is it? The spaghetti idea is great! I can't believe I didn't think of that. I do eat quite a bit of salad. I just get so tired of it. My mom gave him some gerber cereal (it has soy) this weekend and he vomitted, so I'm a little nervous about trying anything else right now. Thanks so much for the ideas.

Timetodance 10-10-2006 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lombardowa (Post 355519)
Where can you find a nutritionist/ how expensive is it?

First I would ask his ped. I am really surprised the ped did not reccoemend it in the first place. You may be able to be a "perscription" for the nutritionist and have your insurance cover it.

Or if you live in a city with a university you could always call the school of health and see if there is a nutritionsit program that could help you. I am all about universities and free help. You could be a case study for a nutrition class!

Manna00 10-10-2006 11:32 AM

Wow!! DH is allergic to chicken and eggs and I think I have it rought---hugs to you, Mama!