Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   We have RSV! BOOOO! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49959)

ebutterfly782 10-10-2006 11:09 AM

We have RSV! BOOOO!

:cry: I can't believe it! I took her to the dr. yesterday for congestion. Expecting to hear "It's just a cold". Boy was I wrong! He even tested her for whopping cough. She has to do nebulizer treatments every 12 hours. I work full-time as does DH. I have done everything much better this time. BF only this time. She was full-term too. I don't get it... I hope that we get a letter today from the dr. saying that she is not contagious anymore so that day care will keep her. I don't have sick days yet (I'm a new teacher). Any advice or just sympathies will work! Thanks!

9800Emily 10-10-2006 11:18 AM

Re: We have RSV! BOOOO!

:hugs: My dd had is when she was a little over a month old. It's hard to see them sick like that. My dd was got better in about a week and it seemed to bother me more than her.

Manna00 10-10-2006 11:24 AM

Oof. No advice.. just hugs!

StaceyM 10-10-2006 11:58 AM

That's rough. DS had it last winter and ended up in the hospital as a very, very, very sick little boy. Hope she gets better quickly.

ChurchPunkMom 10-10-2006 04:11 PM

My third had it. It developed into bronchiolitis (like baby bronchitis), scary stuff. It was aweful, it was so hard to sleep at night hearing him wheeze. I was so afraid to go to sleep and not know if he stopped breathing! He still wheezes every time he gets a cold and is more sucseptible to bronchitis (had it last winter).

Severine 10-10-2006 05:09 PM

:hugs: DD had bronchiolitis but it was not from RSV... we did nebulizer treatments all winter long, which was NOT fun. Especially when we had to do them 3 times a day. Just try to distract while giving the treatments and before you know it, this will have passed. :hugs:

KnottyLDSMama 10-10-2006 05:48 PM

I have a 3 year old sister that has RSV. She now has to do treatments anytime she gets sick, reguardless of what she's sick with. I know it sucks, but she does pretty well with it. She even asks my mom for the treatments sometimes when she feels really bad, because she knows it makes her feel better.

*hugs* Good luck!

ebutterfly782 10-10-2006 07:28 PM

Thanks for the support ladies! We did our first treatment tonight. She had one yesterday at the doctor's office. I can hear her breathe all night. She slept all night last night (from 7:30 until about 6:30). I just hope she gets better soon. She's only 5 months old. I guess it's going to be a looonnnng winter.

meemo96 10-10-2006 07:40 PM

ugh...no fun at all. dd had it last year...i just thought it was a cold, too--then i was feeling guilty b/c she was really sick! did the nebulizer thing, too, and hang in there--it gets better as you go along. she got used to me holding her down and she accepted the fact that it had to happen. just make sure that it does happen and it'll be gone in no time!

hang in there...hopefully you're getting all of the sickness out of the way right now and you'll have a very healthy winter!

suziraye 10-10-2006 08:37 PM

did she get the RSV vaccine? I have heard a few stories from people that got it and still got RSV. were her symptions congestion? I hope she feels better soon.