Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How do you use the toilet sprayer and NOT make a mess? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5000)

sesa70 05-10-2006 06:46 PM

How do you use the toilet sprayer and NOT make a mess?

Every time I use the sprayer its a giant mess. Water is everywhere! How do you guys do it so that it isnt a huge mess?

geminilady 05-10-2006 06:49 PM

Re: How do you use the toilet sprayer and NOT make a mess?

Me too, so what's the secret?

sisumom 05-10-2006 07:00 PM

#1 You should be able to adjust the pressure

I havent had a problem, even at full force. I just put the dipe inside the bowl (not even touchin the water) and spray down/into the bowl.

momovthree 05-10-2006 07:20 PM

Spray at an angle until most of the poop is off and then you can spray directly at it. If you are still getting it all over, you might need to adjust the pressure. And don't feel bad, my first experiences with the diaper sprayer were not pleasant. LOL

3girlymom 05-10-2006 09:22 PM

I've only used mine a handful of times...never made a mess here.

I only turn the valve about 1/4 of the way...hold dipe low in the bowl as close to the water as I can get without touching...spray angled downward about 1" from the mess and no more...and no mess ups here.

Irishmommy 05-10-2006 09:53 PM

:popcorn: Ha, ha. I SO make a mess every time!!! I think I just get impatient and irritated (because it is mostly my 5yo having a poopy accident), that I just let 'er have it with the spray at full blast and then just end up with a big old poopy mess all over the toilet.
:banghead:

tncmomma 05-11-2006 09:46 AM

I got a plastic bucket at Wal mart and DH cut the bottom off so I closepin the dipe to the side of the bucket and spray away.

MamaJo 05-11-2006 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tncmomma
I got a plastic bucket at Wal mart and DH cut the bottom off so I closepin the dipe to the side of the bucket and spray away.

Thats what I did too. I used an empty bucket I used to get detergent in. Instead of cutting the bottom off though, I used a hole saw and cut a big hole in the bottom right near the edge. I used the lid as a "drip tray" so I had something to put it on once I rinsed it and set it back in the closet.

Also, this sounds gross....but spray at an angle so you "peel" it off the diaper :yuck:

sesa70 05-11-2006 02:16 PM

Ooh that bucket idea sounds good! I will have to try that. I found that if I lower my pressure, its just a trickle and doesnt get the poop off! At full force I have poop water EVERYWHERE. SO gross.

Mamato2beauties 05-11-2006 02:19 PM

I love our diaper sprayer! I don't use a mini shower, but rather a different brand that I ADORE :)
I can control the pressure with my thumb like a sink sprayer for your dishes, and I make sure to aim down, no messes yet~