Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Western Canada (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Vancouver Island mama's (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501176)

tintedangel 07-28-2008 12:15 PM

Vancouver Island mama's

I was just curious to see if they are many moms from the island here if so where abouts and where do you buy your dipes .
Well I will start too
I am from crofton and we buy most of ares online and tru jamtots in langford

jenns3kids 07-28-2008 02:59 PM

Re: Vancouver Island mama's

I am from Sooke myself. I bought my first CDs (Berry Plushes) from JAMTOTS. I have since found the love of fitteds and buy a lot on FSOT, HC or their own site. Shipping takes 2 weeks though and that sucks!!!

breccia 08-19-2008 11:59 PM

Wow...Im shocked theres Island mamas on here!!! Im from the north end of the island. We have a pretty good selections of cd's here locally, and I spend WAaaaaaay to much time on HC lol.

continuum-family 08-20-2008 12:36 AM

Hi! I'm in Victoria, just moved here from Gabriola.

Would love to have more local customers! ;)

formunkyfrommommy 08-29-2008 01:34 AM

Port Alberni...i bought my diapers from wee care diaper service, ont., and ebay, and also some g diapers from a mothers touch...all online

joanna19 08-29-2008 06:06 AM

Hi VI mamas!

I'm from Nanaimo! I shopped for my first cd's at Jamtots in Victoria and then I discovered diaperswappers! :giggle2: Now I shop on fsot, hyenacart, spots corner, & etsy to name a few but I also have bought from Abby's Lane in the US. I carry Thirsties brand cd's in my store too, so of course I had to try those!:mrgreen:

AshleytheIslander 09-08-2008 12:01 AM

Hey!

I'm in Victoria and I'm very disappointed by the lousy selection in town. I've bought everything online but try to buy from Canadian sites. I'm new to DS, but so far it seems like a lot of people won't ship to Canada :(

And I hate the slow mail to Victoria! If the shipper says it will take 1-7 days it usually seems to take 8!!!

Oh well, small price to pay for living in paradise :)

Dragonfly.momma 09-17-2008 12:12 AM

I am in the cowichan Valley I buy from Jamtots usually

Stephvezina 10-09-2008 01:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi! I am in Victoria too! I too think we need more selection on a local scale, and I am developing my own CD business, still in the "R&D" phase... just got a snap press last night; works charms! here is a picture of my first creation worth showing....

Strawberrybottombaby 10-16-2008 10:25 AM

Hi Mama's,

I am in Victoria as well. I am surprised to hear a lot of people won't ship to some of you....I have found this site to be the most helpful out of any! So many nice Mama's with great deals! I shopped at Jamtots and found all the styles I liked, and now am on a huge diaper slurge getting a bit of everything for my little boy due in December! I agree we need more local CD's and its always nice to support our Canadian businesses. However, for those of you on a budget like me, whomever has the lowest prices gets my vote. A site I am a big fan of with FREE SHIPPING TO CANADA is www.sewcraftbaby.com and I have ordered from there. I also love Huggabunz and have ordered through that website, super cheap shipping. A lot of the Mama's on here ship to me for no extra cost, or else something really reasonable. I also do the local shopping www.usedvictoria.com, www.craigslist.ca, www.etsy.com, www.myuseddiapers.com, and anything else I can find. Used is the way to go for me as I cannot afford 30 a diapers for the berryplush jamtots which I love. I can get the diaper with insert here for 10-15 usually, and they are worth every penny.
Any new Mama's making CD in Victoria let me know as I would love to support you!

Katie Due Dec.7,2008