Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Toddlers at the state fair?? re strollers and crowds (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50282)

havanadaydreamin 10-11-2006 09:00 AM

Toddlers at the state fair?? re strollers and crowds

I just sold my mei tai and my hotslings, but now I am thinking that I might need to carry my DD some at the fair. I don't know if she would like sitting in her stroller at the fair with all of those crowds.

I'm wondering if I would be better off borrowing an Ergo to use for the weekend. I'm regretting selling the mei tai right now b/c I think that I could use it next week, but not really that much after that. My local baby wearing group has a lending library so I'm wondering if I should see about borrowing a mei tai or an Ergo for the fair. I just have to pay a deposit and then I'll get it back when I return.

Or should I just go ahead and buy an Ergo? I'm wondering if I would use it more than I did my mei tai?

ewebabymama 10-11-2006 09:08 AM

Re: Toddlers at the state fair?? re strollers and crowds

When we went to the state fair we purchased a wagon. It is awesome! Both my kids loved riding in it and we use it all the time for going on walks, etc.

I personally wouldn't buy one if you don't feel you'll use it but once or twice. Borrow one or just use a stroller. My daughter used to hate anything but being worn, now she screams in a carrier and prefers a stroller. She likes seeing everything, I guess.

havanadaydreamin 10-11-2006 09:14 AM

Hmmm, we have a wagon at my dad's. She hates to wear the seat belts in it though. I could keep her diaper bag in there too since I only have an umbrella type stroller.

I might have to go get that wagon this weekend.

OneFabMama 10-11-2006 09:19 AM

I would see about borrowing an Ergo, and then if you like it you can always buy one to use for things like this. :thumbsup:

Cadensmommy 10-11-2006 09:20 AM

where do you live our state fair is here too!!! starts this weekend

and if you only have an unbrella stroller i would go with the wagon!

Clarissa

nothing_butt_cloth 10-11-2006 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadensmommy (Post 358215)
where do you live our state fair is here too!!! starts this weekend

and if you only have an unbrella stroller i would go with the wagon!

Clarissa

I was just gonna say that, and also if you live in our state, I have a MT you could borrow. Its a babyhawk...

PM me ifyou live where i live LOL

CMamma 10-11-2006 09:40 AM

We have an almost 3 yo & a 9 mo. We have an Apple Festival this weekend & we'll take our Amish built wagon... and a wrap. It's just a few yards of fabric that I tenderly refer to as a wrap :) You could see about getting some fabric in the clearance section & doing the same! We like the wagon so we can toss a dipe bag & it's there in case the kids want to sit & also makes a nice place to chill & use as an eating spot/bench when we can't find a seat for them... and then there's the "wrap" for the babe when he wants to BF or be worn.

GL!

havanadaydreamin 10-11-2006 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nothing_butt_cloth (Post 358262)
I was just gonna say that, and also if you live in our state, I have a MT you could borrow. Its a babyhawk...

PM me ifyou live where i live LOL

Thanks, I'm in NC though! I think I may have a wrap, well homemade wrap, somewhere around the house as well.