Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   shaklee vs. melaleuca? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503434)

xelasminin 07-30-2008 11:29 AM

shaklee vs. melaleuca?

I'm a melaleuca customer, used to work the business decided I'd rather not and still am a customer.

I know there are a lot of people who don't like melaleuca because of their proprietary ingredients and that we don't really know if they are truly "green" or not.

My only stance on it is, my uncle cleans homes for a living and has a lung condition, I introduced him to melaleuca because of this and knowing regular cleaning agents really bothered him and his lung condition. So for the last 5 monhts or so he's been doing wonderfully with the melaleuca stuff and has noticed a significant difference in his breathing and especially while cleaning he isn't having a hard time breathing and hacking. I also had HUGE problems with my skin before switching and now I'm "normal!" LOL! So I mean they have to be better than using other chemical products, they can't be so bad? who knows.....but with the recent news on method products and how they aren't green I'm curious about other products out there.

But I've just recently heard of shaklee and don't know much about them?

I'm way to lazy to make my own products, so don't offer that! LOL!

anyhow I'm looking into shaklee and wondering for those that have tried melaleuca and shaklee what your thoughts were?

MamaWhite 07-30-2008 01:53 PM

Re: shaklee vs. melaleuca?

I use Melaleuca products as well and have been wondering the same thing!

Winkydinks 07-30-2008 02:36 PM

I can't really compare, but I use some Shaklee stuff and realy like it!! The basic H can be used for so much and you only need a tiny bit, so it lasts forever.

mlhmrsdds 07-30-2008 07:25 PM

I've always really liked melaleuca, I still have some of their stuff but couldn't keep up with the monthly commitment. Is Shaklee the same kind of "members only" company or is it readily available? I always like trying new stuff.

Green Mama 07-30-2008 08:12 PM

My family owned two Health Food stores for years and I know first hand that the products are not regulated as far as safety. People just trust the companies word for it that the cleaners are "green" and safe and sometimes they are not. We started using Shaklee products and now that is all we will trust. The cleaners are great and it's a perfect fit for our family. And no there no commitments to purchase products. It's just like going to the health food store but you can really trust Shaklee.

elemonj 07-30-2008 09:12 PM

Oh, I watched the Oprah special on these. She loves these products. Actuallly I have seen it on her show 2 times! I am a melaleucan customer and love them. I did end my membership recently because I cannot keep up with the monthly order eithor. I would love to try shaklee maybe after my melaleuca is gone!

StacyW 07-30-2008 09:55 PM

Does anyone have any good links about Clorox Green Works?? I have a few people I would like to forward the truth to:)

kittykat33 07-30-2008 10:09 PM

I love melaleuca products. I too have wondered how green the products were. I live about 1 hour from their plant in TN. Since I am no longer "customer" I can't go there, but you can go on a tour. I haven't tried shaklee, but everyone that i know has loved it.

thefragile7393 07-31-2008 03:34 PM

Between the two I like Shaklee and their ethics a lot better, but the products are wayyyy too expensive IMO.

melodyjstray 07-31-2008 06:52 PM

I love love love Shaklee cleaning products! I, too, thought that they were too expensive for our budget until I realized that the container of Basic H is super-diluted and lasts FOREVER. I have had my bottle for several months, and have hardly made a dent in it. (That also might say something about how much I clean my house :) )