Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Photos (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51133)

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 10-13-2006 08:50 AM

Photos

Okay DH & my Mum give me a hard time about how much I love to take pics... so thought I'd see if I'm alone or not :giggle:

Especially if you have a digital... how many photos do you think you have of your kiddos? A rough average? :mrgreen:

nothing_butt_cloth 10-13-2006 08:54 AM

Re: Photos

My first kid has SOOO many pics. I owuld never be able to scrap them all( I amnot a scrapper) It seems i never took the camera out of my hands..

My second kid will htink she was adopted. The ONLY pics ofh er are professional ones, and we dont do that very often. Well,not the only ones, but just about.

with number 3, we got better again, and have pics of her, but stillnot as many as dd1.

Now every monday night, we go do something as a family, and take pics of the kids. That was hubbys idea, so we can remember them growing up LOL. Yes it is that bad, that we have to set a day of hte week to take pics.
Though i did take pics theother day, when the kids were tryiing to use chopsticks LOL

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 10-13-2006 10:06 AM

one thing I know is when they get older it's less often lol I mean an 8 yo doesn't look cute eating or sleeping like an infant does :giggle:

Manna00 10-13-2006 10:10 AM

oof. I am such a picture junkie right now. See, the thing is, I'm a triplet, right. Well, I think I have 2 pictures my entire babyhood where I'm alone. That's it. So, I think I'm overcompensating for me not having any pictures of myself. Plus, digital makes it soo stinkin' easy to send to WM over the internet and have them there when we go (it's the ONLY place to shop here). I get mad when people say "Oh, she's just taking a ton of pics because it's her first child... the second child won't have any pics at all"... that's just sad.

OneFabMama 10-13-2006 10:13 AM

I only have 1 DD and I have hundreds of professional pictures LOL I can never say no to the poses even if they're bad and the extras they always print up that they just THROW AWAY ifyou dont buy them. I cant stand the thought of my babiespicture in the garbage lol

So, we probably have thousands. :lostit:

Hayley 10-13-2006 10:35 AM

5000 at least! I am a wanna be photographer, SO alot of the time I am taking the same picture 100 times to get the right picture!

worldwarcaitlin 10-13-2006 10:54 AM

Probably around a thousand, and DS is only seven months old!!

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 10-13-2006 11:04 AM

OMG I feel better :rofl: I am not a nut lmao, I have over 800 of Gavin, I do the same as you too Hayley :giggle:

mom_of_3g_1b 10-13-2006 12:47 PM

I know I have over 2000 of Kye. We took 100 just in the hospital. I try to take as many of the girls but I don't think I do take as much. They have a lot though. I'm just so busy and by the time I find the camera the moment is gone. I try real hard to not have a ton of my first and hardly any of my second. My other problem is now I don't take that many of Kye so I hope he doesn't feel left out.

twinsmomkatie 10-13-2006 12:55 PM

thousands and thousands here . . . my twins are the first grandkids on both sides, and then when Titus was born, we STILL don't have any neices or nephews!

I justify my picture-taking habit by making a weekly newsletter for my parents, who live about 700 miles away from us. I make 3 columns, and insert about 6-7 pics a week along with little stories, funny sayings, things to pray about, little details. My parents grew up before long-distance calling was affordable, so they're still not comfortable just chatting on the phone (plus, they're busy!). But we ALL just LOVE my "Websters' Weekenders" - and I can look through them and see how the kids are growing and changing every week. One my best ideas ever, I have to say! :)