Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Atthe risk of sounding dumb.... help??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51163)

nothing_butt_cloth 10-13-2006 09:55 AM

Atthe risk of sounding dumb.... help???

Ok, THis is my first stomache thing ihave dealt with for my kids.. She is starting to run a fever, so i know it is not food related now. but my dd ispuking like every 30min, and has an EMPTY stomache...

I am on my way to a neighbors house, to get some gatorade for her, but besides that, what do i do??:headscratch: I normally would ask my mom the nurse, but she is camping. and i thought i would ask you. at the risk of sounding like a very insecure mother. ( i am that for sure) I know not to give her food, until she is holding down small amounts of liquids, but really,what else. I dont want to give her motrinoranything for 2 reason. Motrin can upset the stomache, and also i believe fevers are good, as long asthey arent too high. Hers is about 101.4

I constantly second guess myself as a mother when they are sick. I am afraid i have NO idea what i am doing. so ifanyone has any sugestions. PLEASE let meknow

nothing_butt_cloth 10-13-2006 10:27 AM

Re: Atthe risk of sounding dumb.... help???

anyone?????:cry: :blush:

StaceyM 10-13-2006 10:45 AM

Fluids, fluids, fluids. All you can do is try to keep her hydrated. If she gets to 24 hours (I think) without being able to keep anything down is when you should have her seen. MAybe try letting her suck on some mints to quell the naseua. Sorry momma...hope she gets better soon and no-one else gets sick!

OneFabMama 10-13-2006 10:47 AM

popsicles are good too

nothing_butt_cloth 10-13-2006 10:48 AM

Thanks, i just threw otterpopsinthe freezer.;she now has diarrhea too. Lucky mom....
Why oh why is daddy at a meeting across town today that he cant get out of???

this is so hard....

I also dontknow how i am going to get my other dd to school. the sick one, is throwing up every 15 min now,and i dont want to leave the house...

I so dontneed this. her insurance isnt effectve until the 1st...

rxmommy 10-13-2006 10:50 AM

Sounds a lot like rotavirus. That just has to run its course, and you need to keep her hydrated. :( Small, small amounts of Pedialtye (better than Gatorade). Like a teaspoon every 5 mins if that's all she can keep down. I've heard the Gerber Liquilytes taste the best.

OneFabMama 10-13-2006 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nothing_butt_cloth (Post 364663)
Thanks, i just threw otterpopsinthe freezer.;she now has diarrhea too. Lucky mom....
Why oh why is daddy at a meeting across town today that he cant get out of???

this is so hard....

I also dontknow how i am going to get my other dd to school. the sick one, is throwing up every 15 now,and i dont want to leave the house...

can you have another mom bring her home? or your neighbor stay with dd just long enough for you toget other dd?

nothing_butt_cloth 10-13-2006 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneFabMama (Post 364670)
can you have another mom bring her home? or your neighbor stay with dd just long enough for you toget other dd?

My nieghbor isnt home. or i would hvae her. She works at the school, and if she was alredy there, my neighbor would pick her up. I am thinking i will just call her out too. It is just preschool. and i relaly dont want to leave the house.

Leininger27 10-13-2006 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rxmommy (Post 364668)
Sounds a lot like rotavirus. That just has to run its course, and you need to keep her hydrated. :( Small, small amounts of Pedialtye (better than Gatorade). Like a teaspoon every 5 mins if that's all she can keep down. I've heard the Gerber Liquilytes taste the best.

I was about to say rotavirus too! Nasty Nasty stuff!! All 3 of my older kids have had it and they all had to be hospitalized so keep a very good watch on her!! I hope all gets better soon! Keep us updated! :hugs: mama

nothing_butt_cloth 10-13-2006 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rxmommy (Post 364668)

Lucky her.. I am betting then, everyone else will get sick?? I might be in for a long weekend....

I cantleve the house right now, but if i find someone to come sit with the kids,iwill go get some of the gerber stuff. For now it has to be gatoraid since that is all i have....