Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Do you really say mean things or expect an explanation? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517238)

JeDeeLenae 08-13-2008 11:19 AM

Do you really say mean things or expect an explanation?

I keep seeing people get so upset over this and saying it happens here all the time. I just don't really see this and I'm wondering if I'm blind or if it's far and few between or what.

When someone posts about using a bottle or formula feeding, do you say something mean in your post or expect that they explain why they are formula feeding or using a bottle?

I just feel like the people doing this are NOT as prevalent here as it's made out to be, yet it seems like sooooo many pro BF mamas are getting a bad rep about it. It just really annoys me.

tfjjmc 08-13-2008 11:26 AM

Re: Do you really say mean things or expect an explanation?

I switched from BFing to FFing and have posted question on this site. I have never had a mama ask me to explain, or say anything inappropriate to me. Mama's have offered me support, and answered my questions regarding BFing and FFing. I have felt huge amounts of guilt for FFing my baby, but that would be my own hang up not something someone has caused me to feel. I think that may cause some FFing mama's sensitivity to the topic. I didn't vote in the poll since I am on the other side of the topic.

Edensmomma 08-13-2008 11:30 AM

I think you don't see it. I can obviously tell from your post that you are a BFing mom. I am a FFing mom for medical reasons and I catch a lot of flack from people on here.

I feel extreme guilt everyday for FFing. I was told by BFing moms on here to "get over it." in a not so nice way.

kristinc 08-13-2008 11:30 AM

I haven't seen the meanness either:headscratch:

JeDeeLenae 08-13-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edensmomma (Post 4469469)
I think you don't see it. I can obviously tell from your post that you are a BFing mom. I am a FFing mom for medical reasons and I catch a lot of flack from people on here.

Mind if I ask where? It may just be in a forum I don't frequent.

Edensmomma 08-13-2008 11:32 AM

Actually once I saw some BFing mama say that she would never buy from a FFing mama.

spottycat 08-13-2008 11:33 AM

I had to ff for medical reasons, also. I had several rude comments made to me about how I was depriving my ds and such things. No one on here has seemed particularly rude but out there in the big old world it does happen.

Edensmomma 08-13-2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae (Post 4469485)
Mind if I ask where? It may just be in a forum I don't frequent.

I think it was in the formula feeding thread.

Violet1983 08-13-2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edensmomma (Post 4469497)
Actually once I saw some BFing mama say that she would never buy from a FFing mama.

i saw that too.... and then this makes us ff'ing mommies have a hard time with bf'ing mommies.

I would never base my decision on what I would buy from someone on here b/c of their choice of feeding a child.

JeDeeLenae 08-13-2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edensmomma (Post 4469497)

Was this a recent thing? A while ago? I do hear this referenced a lot, but no clue when it happened.