Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I'm so upset! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5181)

Namaste 05-11-2006 11:03 AM

I'm so upset!

I mailed four diapers from southern Cal to the Boston area on 4/29 using Priority Mail and the lady has not received them! My dh FORGOT to put on a delivery confirmation. I just checked with USPS and they said even though priority mail estimates 2-3 business days, it can take up to 14 business days. WTH? We pay for the additional service, only to learn that it can take up to three weeks.

She's probably going to be filing a PP complaint against me for $40. I am so very upset about this. I'll just refund her money it she doesn't get them because this is not how I do business.

Thanks goodness I have the receipt with all the other information on it.

Keep your fingers crossed, girls.

Carrie 05-11-2006 11:07 AM

Re: I'm so upset!

:crossfingers: I bet they make it. That is a long way for a package to go.

kimb96 05-11-2006 11:15 AM

I wouldn't get upset yet. You can never go by what usps estimates. I wouldn't worry until it's been 30 days. I've had stuff take 2 weeks to go like 2 states away.

Jcrsmom 05-11-2006 02:56 PM

If you have the receipt, I wouldn't refund her yet. that's not fair for you to be out of the money. If anything, it should be split

love2bmom2chris 05-11-2006 02:58 PM

Don't refund yet. I sent a package out that had to go 2 states away...took 2 weeks. When she does get the package, she will see the postmark and realize that you mailed it when you said you did!

SheilaJoy 05-11-2006 06:01 PM

I agree, you have the receipt, so don't refund anything for at least 30 days.

OneFabMama 05-11-2006 06:29 PM

im in the saaaaaaaame boat girl. it sucks. no dc# and mt dh lost the receipt. :banghead:

misty dawn 05-11-2006 06:32 PM

I've had a few packages that were sent Priority Mail, all from states just north of me and they've taken an average of 10+ days. Not sure what's going on with USPS, but I'd give the package more time to reach your customer. Maybe email her and just reassure her that you did ship it and if it doesn't show up within the two weeks the post office told you it could take you'll refund her. :hugs:

MamaZ 05-11-2006 06:37 PM

I wouldn't refund yet either. If I were the buyer, I would understand. Hopefully this mama will too

clothdiaperoutlet 05-11-2006 07:01 PM

Mailing from So. Ca. is THE WORST right now. I have a friend down there who mails me stuff. I'm in Oregon and it takes 8 full business days every time. They get stuck in the Bell, CA processing plant. I watched a package sit there for 1 week without moving back in March. I about went bollistic.