Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   DH won't let me get an Amber Teething Necklace (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518796)

*Aimee* 08-14-2008 06:33 PM

DH won't let me get an Amber Teething Necklace

I really wanted to get them from Inspired By Finn. One for each boy. They're so beautiful! But Dh was against it. He agreed finally but when he found out they were not made with a magnetic clasp he freaked out. I told him if EVERYONE else is doing it it would be fine. I told him her reasons for not putting a magnetic clasp, but he didn't care. Now my baby is freaking out and I'm mad at him :(

I Smile Because Of Them 08-14-2008 06:35 PM

Re: DH won't let me get an Amber Teething Necklace

Mama you should let him know that they break really easily if there's any pressure applied to the necklace. They're really great. DH didn't want to get one either, but I got one anyway to try it out, and now he's convinced since DS has changed SO much since getting them.

*Aimee* 08-14-2008 06:42 PM

Thank you for letting me know that. I'll tell him for sure.

iris0110 08-14-2008 06:44 PM

They do break, and easily. I have one made with a wire that should be able to hold and Tharen has broken it off of my twice just by pulling it. If one with a heavy duty wire that should hold 200lbs of weight can break with a toddler pulling on it one made out of string is going to break. And thanks to the individual knots the beads don't become choking hazards. But there is also the option of looping the necklace around babies ankle and putting on a footed sleeper at bedtime. That way there is no choking hazard at all. :thumbsup:

titania 08-14-2008 08:19 PM

yeah, im pretty sure she makes bracelets too. but i would just get a necklace and let him deal with it, but im that kinda mama. :thumbsup:

kettle 08-15-2008 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Aimee* (Post 4485560)
I really wanted to get them from Inspired By Finn. One for each boy. They're so beautiful! But Dh was against it. He agreed finally but when he found out they were not made with a magnetic clasp he freaked out. I told him if EVERYONE else is doing it it would be fine. I told him her reasons for not putting a magnetic clasp, but he didn't care. Now my baby is freaking out and I'm mad at him :(

At least your husband has thought about it and has a reason and is worried about his kids.

I agree they're probably safe... but I think it's sweet that daddy even thought about the clasp thing... I mean, men and jewelery?

My DH probably doesn't even know there's such a thing as a magnetic clasp!:roflmbo:

Ashley Denine 08-15-2008 07:39 AM

Id be more nervous about the magnetic clasp due to kids accidentally ingesting them ... but my DH is hesitant as well about the necklaces but only in the sense that do they really work. I would like to try them.. but him not so much:headscratch:

JAMmama 08-15-2008 07:41 AM

I bought an amber teething bracelet from "Inspired by Finn". It worked wonderfully and I didn't worry at all, I put it on my little dd's ankle and she really calmed down. Try a bracelet or 'anklet'

MollyJones 08-15-2008 07:55 AM

My DH was skiddish about them, too. More because he doesn't think they will work. But we ended up buying one for DS, one for me, and a bracelet for DD... They kids really do seem happier... I haven't noticed much difference in myself... but we sure do get heaps of compliments when we're all out together matching.

Which really cracks me up because I'm not a "matchy" person. :roflmbo:

palmettosweetheart 08-15-2008 01:27 PM

I guess I am the opposite. I showed my DH the necklaces and he loved the idea. Esp after DS was a miserable wretch during his first two teeth coming in. I let DH pick it out since it was going on "his son." :giggle: We LOVE it now as DS is so much better and we only know when he is teething by his poop and then the night the tooth comes through.