Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lilly's not pooping!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51913)

GrowingUpMad 10-15-2006 06:38 PM

Lilly's not pooping!!

help, I am getting worried. I am not sureif this is normal. Lilly has not had a bm since Friday morning and that was a VERY monor one, bowout on thursday night. She is 7 weeks old tomorrow and breastfed, weighs about 10# 10oz now so she is gaining weight. She was going like 6 times a day and had justrtecently cut back to about 4 now nothing. Is she ok? Oh and her farts are EXTRA stinky :yuck:

OneFabMama 10-15-2006 06:40 PM

Re: Lilly's not pooping!!

I heard once a week is pretty normal. I remember my DD not going for several days. I was freaking out, but she was fine. I wouldnt worry unless she seems totally miserable.

zionnecherub 10-15-2006 06:50 PM

This exact same thing happened to my ds. Dont worry. It happens every now and again.

GrowingUpMad 10-15-2006 06:51 PM

I had to fix that, I wrote Monday but meant Friday. She is being her normal self, no signs of a belly ache. Should I call the doc or let it wait a few days?

Kimmomy2dom 10-15-2006 07:00 PM

A few weeks ago mine all of a sudden stopped pooping. Asked the doc at a weight check and he was not at all concerned. They pooped a week later. It is COMPLETELY normal for their pooping schedules to change. Breastmilk is much more easy to digest. Sometimes they are able to use everything that's in your bm and have very little waste.
Only be concerned or do something if she's having hard poops. There are things to try to get her to go, but I would suggest just letting nature take it's course.

titania 10-15-2006 07:07 PM

totally normal. she'll go soon, and when she does, oh boy! :lostit: hope you have a good diaper on that kiddo! :laugh:

GrandIsp 10-15-2006 07:15 PM

Yah, that happened to DS about that age too and he was EBF. I finally panicked after about 5 or 6 days and put one of those little glycerin suppositories (they had given us one at the hospital as a 'side note' - gosh they give stuff out like candy sometimes!) up his bum and 5 or 6 hours later it was all out. If you get really worried you can call the doc about that ...they just use 1/2 one for the little guys & gals.

But I don't think you need to worry too much about it right now. If it's more than 5 or 6 days I'd probably think about doing something about it. (Have also heard of Karo syrup in their breast milk but I dunno, I never wanted to put anything in my DSs tummy at that age cept bmilk if I could help it.

MamaMel 10-15-2006 07:17 PM

around 6 weeks or so EBF start to poop less. It can be as little as once a week. Just WATCH OUT! When she does poop its going to be big :giggle:

GrowingUpMad 10-15-2006 07:21 PM

You know what's going to happen then ~ blow out on the airplane next week :lostit: I can see it now...........

Ooey 10-15-2006 07:22 PM

Yep this happend to Whilder too around that age, I was freaking out also but she ended up pooping after 7 days!