Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What am I looking for in a playsilk? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51935)

mercy589 10-15-2006 06:38 PM

What am I looking for in a playsilk?

I've seen some pretty pictures of playsilks and some people raving about them, you have me interested! I'm thinking of getting one for DD, what size should I get (she's only 15 months, but I want her to use it for a long time), what type of playsilk, what should I be looking for? Thanks!

pinkflamingos77 10-15-2006 09:08 PM

Re: What am I looking for in a playsilk?

I have looked at these and I do not see the big deal about them. you can easily go down to a store and buy silk and make them yourself. Cut the fabric of silk and do a trim on the edges. There you go you got your own playsilk. :thumbsup:

mercy589 10-16-2006 06:03 PM

Aren't playsilks kind of see throughish? I wonder if I could find silk like that at the store? Silk is kind of hard to sew on... hm. There are some really gorgeous ones by colorfarm I think is that name? on HC. Maybe Grandma will get us one, lol.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 10-16-2006 06:06 PM

playsilks are fun for the kids because they are soft/cuddly/and sleek
my kids LOVE the ones we have,some ds mamas sent us 4 of these beauties and my kids just love them! they are nice comfort cuddles for them too, danae sleeps with her hearts tie dye that melissa from nothing butt cloth made us.

Beckyspapercreations 10-16-2006 07:44 PM

It doesn't matter. Kids love them because they make great imaginary play. Ours have been forts, hats, hair, capes, blankets, pretty much anything. They are the first thing all the cousins and friends grab when they come over. Kids love all sizes, colors, and shapes.

kgsd 10-17-2006 07:25 AM

I'm very intrigued - can you just buy a big scarf, or use one you already have?

pinkflamingos77 10-17-2006 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgsd (Post 374476)
I'm very intrigued - can you just buy a big scarf, or use one you already have?

Yes you can or you can get fabric and do it yourself. My mom did for me. She made some for my daughter and they work just the same and my daughters loves it.

jenn5388 10-17-2006 01:05 PM

I got one for my daughter resently because i found one for a Reduced price.
But i really don't see the big deal.. but i think that's the point. They are simple, but kids love them because they can do all kinds of different things with them. Miranda however rarely plays with hers. lol
But i can tell you, go to the nearest thrift store and go buy a couple silk hankerkeifs(sp?) and cye them pretty colors.. there you go.. playsilks. lol they aren't anymore than that.

Kele 10-17-2006 05:46 PM

Thank you all for clarifying this. One of those things I've wondered about and never asked. :)