Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Where can I find a boy doll for my son? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52010)

CDFreak 10-15-2006 10:18 PM

Where can I find a boy doll for my son?

Id like to buy a doll for my son for Christmas however, I can't seem to find boy dolls. Anyone?

mistylaureena 10-15-2006 10:27 PM

Re: Where can I find a boy doll for my son?

I woudl try amazon?? I love that you are getting him a baby doll! I think alot of pressure is put on parents for gender specific toys, colors and clothes on there kids and I hate it...I dress my son in pink colors, I use Pink bottles and we have a nice supply of pink dipes....my husband could care less....I always tell people when they ask why? I say he is very secure in his manhood and pink is the new black.:laugh:

tessa1002 10-15-2006 10:28 PM

Do they still have "My Buddy"? My brother used to have one of those and it was so cool. :mrgreen: Maybe you could find one on ebay or something?

urchin_grey 10-15-2006 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tessa1002 (Post 370867)
Do they still have "My Buddy"? My brother used to have one of those and it was so cool. :mrgreen: Maybe you could find one on ebay or something?

Ack! I almost forgot about those! I begged for one when I was little and I got a Kid Sister instead. :mad:

Anyway, DS had a boy cabbage patch kid. (One of the "newborn" ones and a regular one too because I found one on Ebay named Bram. LOL) If you get a CPK though, just be sure to take away ALL of the accessories. I had put away the newborn one's stuff except for the pacifier but then the pacie fell apart into little pieces! The doll all by itself doesn't have any pieces to break off though. :goodvibes:

CDFreak 10-15-2006 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urchin_grey (Post 370883)
Ack! I almost forgot about those! I begged for one when I was little and I got a Kid Sister instead. :mad:

Anyway, DS had a boy cabbage patch kid. (One of the "newborn" ones and a regular one too because I found one on Ebay named Bram. LOL) If you get a CPK though, just be sure to take away ALL of the accessories. I had put away the newborn one's stuff except for the pacifier but then the pacie fell apart into little pieces! The doll all by itself doesn't have any pieces to break off though. :goodvibes:

I really want to find him a CPK but they are so hard to find!! Any suggestions? Ebay??

Mommy2JJ 10-15-2006 10:44 PM

I want to get ds one for Christmas too.....never thought of checking ebay.

GrandIsp 10-15-2006 10:47 PM

:popcorn:

mistylaureena 10-15-2006 10:48 PM

Have you checked Toys R' Us?? I swear I saw them there just recently because everything thats old is hip again.....

DiapeyMom 10-15-2006 10:50 PM

I know Corolle makes a boy doll for potty training.

Bare Bottom Gear 10-15-2006 11:14 PM

I have 2 boy cpk's for my son that we are no longer using. Got them on Ebay. One is a spiked red head has clothes, boy undies, socks and shoes. The other with brown loop hair and an outfit (no undies or socks/shoes).